Wester's PCM Installed

Krambo

Installed the Wester's PCM on Saturday. Here is my take:

1. Install is a breeze. However, remember that the plugs (wire harnesses) only fit in one way, like a computer printer plug. That took me about 30 seconds to figure out. 2, 7mm screws hold the plugs in and they are color coded for ease of install. The PCM is located next to the battery for those who don't know and the upper radiator hose is a little in the way but can be delt with.

2. The truck started fine and idled normal. I took it for a spin and it didn't feel different at "normal" driving. After 20 miles, I gave her a WOT test until the 2-3 shift. I did notice a little detonation. Seems fine however, I am horrible at judging performance mods without hard proof (dyno, 1/4 mile E.T., MPG...). It did seem a little quicker at the 1-2 shift (TM removed) and it now shifts close to the 6K RPM mark.

3. I tested the 108 limiter on NJ rt. 287 early this morning and was able to push it to 115 before I let off. Now I am just curious how high she will go.

4. The earlier detonation is now gone at WOT and it gets better every day (it seems). I will be going to the track for my final run for a while. Will post all of my results afterward.

All in all, I am satisified. :thumbs:

Installed the Wester's PCM on Saturday. Here is my take:

1. Install is a breeze. However, remember that the plugs (wire harnesses) only fit in one way, like a computer printer plug. That took me about 30 seconds to figure out. 2, 7mm screws hold the plugs in and they are color coded for ease of install. The PCM is located next to the battery for those who don't know and the upper radiator hose is a little in the way but can be delt with.

2. The truck started fine and idled normal. I took it for a spin and it didn't feel different at "normal" driving. After 20 miles, I gave her a WOT test until the 2-3 shift. I did notice a little detonation. Seems fine however, I am horrible at judging performance mods without hard proof (dyno, 1/4 mile E.T., MPG...). It did seem a little quicker at the 1-2 shift (TM removed) and it now shifts close to the 6K RPM mark.

3. I tested the 108 limiter on NJ rt. 287 early this morning and was able to push it to 115 before I let off. Now I am just curious how high she will go.

4. The earlier detonation is now gone at WOT and it gets better every day (it seems). I will be going to the track for my final run for a while. Will post all of my results afterward.

All in all, I am satisified. :thumbs:

Fantastic! and Thanks.

Mine was the same way, took a few days for it to come alive. Not taking it to the track because I'm too afraid of someone using the truck for something to lean against. Can you say Anal Retentive?

Still faster than stock though.

• 3 weeks later...

well with factory plugs, a descreened maf,k&n fipk, and i tiny bit of tire spin i was hitting 16.20. i did manage a best of 16.16.i havent been since i have installed-upd with ram air,westers,iridium plugs, and new maf.would like to go this friday and i might.i am hoping to get into the 15's by now.wish it was more. :(

Archived