bed covers?

• 4 weeks later...
I put on a Fold-A-Cover.

I use my bed alot, and this was the best thing I've found.......  Looks good, and works great........

Fold-A-Cover

that is what i got and i love it...colormatched and get tons of compliments on it

WOW ... color matched must look awesome. I don't know where you live, but up here in the FREEZING northeast, I've found that some teflon penetrating lube works great on the locking mechanism, from freezing. Just spray the lock assembly under the first flap......

:thumbs::thumbs:

I jsut talked to two dealers in my area that Fold-A-Cover recommended. Neither one carries the product any longer due to the back section lifting off and banging into the truck while driving. Have you guys had any issues with this thing lifting up while driving?

thanks

I jsut talked to two dealers in my area that Fold-A-Cover recommended.  Neither one carries the product any longer due to the back section lifting off and banging into the truck while driving.  Have you guys had any issues with this thing lifting up while driving?

thanks

WOW ... Never heard of that.... I have had no problems with it "Flying" up. And I've Had my SS up to ... Uh Humm, Cough, Cough, about 125 mph on the highway (Electronic Governor removed by PCMforless)

Plus I think that that is :icon_bs: due to your bed is tapered. It is more narrow towards the cab, then the mid-bed width.

I bought mine On-Line for about $650.00 shipped. And it only took me an a buddy about 1.5 Hrs, and a 6-Pack to install .... :thumbs:

• 4 months later...

i am thinking of buying a fold-a-cover... i would like to have it color matched. Would any car shop be able to paint the cover even though it's plastic?

i am thinking of buying a fold-a-cover... i would like to have it color matched. Would any car shop be able to paint the cover even though it's plastic?

I bought one this winter and was planning on having it painted as well but after installing it I have decided that the black looks good with the blue truck so I'm leaving it.

If you do want it painted most shops will do it. It just needs a bit of prep to scuff up the factory paint (or maybe powder coat). To my knowledge it is made of an aluminum skin over some type of foam and then framed with aluminum.

If you want a picture of my blue truck with the cover on e-mail me and I'll send one back to you.

Greg

PS. I have had trouble already with the rear latch sticking in the open position. It seemed to have corroded a bit causing it to stick. A little lube and it is much better. But I still check it everytime to make sure it is latched. Other than that I absolutely love it. It is very handy.

Archived