Should I or wait??

Well...it seems I have a rather nice dilema on my hands. A buddy of mine at a local shop has owed me a favor for sometime now and now that time is now. I hooked him up on a rotary engine and now he has a brand new NOS wet system with autometer phantom gauges to boot and a purge kit for me. Here is the catch I pay nothing for it and he does the install :thumbs: Now, my dilema is I have an 05 SSS with only 4k on the odo. It will only be a 50 to 75 shot...nothing big. Is this too soon for nitrous on a practically new truck? I have had nitrous before but never on a new vehicle. I am concerned about well......durability, using nitrous as the truck shifts as there is no window switch available, etc...

Give me some yeays or nays! :cry:

Sorry for the long post :smash:

I would collect on the favor while the getting is good; if you are worried about it, do not fill the bottle! In my experience the engine is usually as broken-in as it's going to get at 4K-miles.

Mr. P. :)

FOOK IT! you guys have some great points :crazy:

just make sure your friend knows what he is doing or you be tosin that motor soon My friend has his set up right but the siliniods went bad and got stuck open and there she went

You always hear about solinoids getting stuck open. You would think that the manufactures would come up with some kind of fail safe for these. When this happens, what usually causes it to get stuck? I mean, when you cut the power to a solinod, the current will stop going through the coil, there will be no more induction, and the cylinder should decened.

Zippy don't you mean that you want the n20 line longer than the fuel line to even the pressure diff. between the two??? Before progressive controllers we used to change out the length of the n20 line from the noid to the plate or nozzle to slow the hit on county roads.... god I miss those days :)

Archived