Truck almost stolen last night

a-blur-by-you

Well, yesterday was a huge up and down for me. Ordered my Mcgaughy's lowering kit yesterday :D and was just really excited. Then later on that evening I decide to go bowling for a liitle while after work.... :sigh: well too make a long story short I go outside just to check on the SS and what do I see a Tahoe park kind of weird next to my truck. So I start walking over there and it turns out 2 jerkoffs are in my truck 1 sitting in the gettaway tahoe ready to go the other 1 on my passenger side as a spotter and the 3rd person getting his gruby f*cking hands all over my drivers side. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Well when I figured what was happening of course these guys saw me and hauled tail out. Needless to say no I didn't get a plate # because it was too dark and now I have a raped SSS that will barely start considering the damage done to the column. By the way they ripped the key cylinder out of the left door handle is how they got in. I feel like I have been violated and it is a horrible feeling. :tear:

I am going to go ahead and shave my handles next week which I have wanted to do for some time now...so why not now. With doing that they gotta break my window if they want it bad enough. Does anyone recommend a nice alarm or security device that you know works? :tear: in El Paso....what's worse is Silverado are the #1 stolen vehicles right now here. After it gets fixed its going into stealth mode for awhile.

:mad::mad: piss on all truck thiefs :mad::mad:

I used to live next-door to a guy that was in the Army. He was once stationed down in El Paso for about a year. He had a really nice '78 or '79 Chevy short bed. It lasted about a week. He never saw it again. He told me that Chevy pickups are routinely stolen and taken across the border, never to be seen again (except maybe as parts for sale). I hope you can find an effective security system for your SS!

Good Luck!

T :chevy:

Way back in the day my dad had his 87 monte ss (black and new at the time) parked at his reg bowling alley, came out one night and that was stolen. Also had an 86 (same car ) stolen from where he worked the previous year.....non of em were recovered, guess it was a popular car at that time

sorry to hear about your truck

I am so sorry to hear that, El Paso is not a good place for nice trucks. Make sure your alarm has a bullet-proof engine cutoff.

Mr. P.

edit - theives have *no* problem with breaking out the window, don't think that just because you have shaved handles you will deter them.

I am so sorry to hear that, El Paso is not a good place for nice trucks.  Make sure your alarm has a bullet-proof engine cutoff.

Mr. P.

edit - theives have *no* problem with breaking out the window, don't think that just because you have shaved handles you will deter them.

Thats a hanging offense where I come from! Don't be messin with another mans horses.

I understand how you feel. I've had two cars stolen from me. An 87 GN, recovered pretty well complete, but completly thrashed, and a 91 Silverado that was stripped. It's a sick feeling, but at least they didn't get it.

I think car/truck thieves should be treated like horse thieves in the old west. Shoot em' on sight, or hang em' from the nearest tree. :mad:

Damn, sorry to hear...at least you saw them before they got the truck!!!

Check this out...nothing groundbreaking, but some good tips in here on where to hide your alarm, how to prevent someone from using a slim-jim to open the door, etc...

http://www.vsracing.net/~suspended/

- Brian

Thanks guys for your responses and support :) . If there is anyone here I can return the favor for just ask. Most of you may not know but I work at a BMW and Mazda dealer so if you ever need any parts from those 2 manufacturers let me know and I will hook up all SS members :cheers: I know it's not GM but hey you may know someone that needs something.

cheers be safe and hang all thieves by there nuts :mad:

Archived