side exhaust

straightss19

so from what im reading its imposible to make a true dual exhaust because of clearance with the fuel tank?

No. it is not impossible to do a true dual, just impossible to have pipes on both sides AHEAD of the rear wheels.

I did a dual setup, but both exit on the right side.

garage_mod-428-1113502630.jpg

garage_mod-427-1113502593.jpg

A true dual system would consist of dual pipes into dual converters, into dual mufflers and dual exits. Dumps, Dual ahead of the right rear, dual behind the right rear, or even dual on each side behind the wheels are all considered "true" duals in function.

No. it is not impossible to do a true dual, just impossible to have pipes on both sides AHEAD of the rear wheels.

I still has mine on a couple weeks before yours even if everyone uses the pics of yours to show what a dual side exit looks like :jester::jester:

Just my little insight on this but i was thinkin maybe you guys can try and put this Heat Screen Radiant Matting on the Side of the gas tank that would get the most heat it says it is supposed to protect up a 1000 degrees F let me know that you all think?? :dunno:

Heat Screen Radiant Matting

I still has mine on a couple weeks before yours even if everyone uses the pics of yours to show what a dual side exit looks like :jester::jester:

Well lets see some pics.....

Well lets see some pics.....

I'll see if I can't find some, or take some new ones, Jonmalibuss posted them for me back when I did it and they aren't up anymore.

There would be an appreciable gain from just changing your stock muffler out, since only one side flows out. There would be no noticeable gain between a single dual-in/dual-out mufller compared to two mufflers. Just don't forget to add a x-pipe no matter which way you go.

Just don't forget to add a x-pipe no matter which way you go.

I disagree. In my experience, a poorly placed X-pipe usually shows a loss compared to a properly placed X or H-pipe. With the one sided exhaust routing we have with Silverados, matching exhaust pulses would probably be less critical, but I'd like to see back to back comparisons first... :dunno: Have any dyno proof of before/after adding only an H or X?

Archived