Radix, Headers, Volant from ASM

xcelr8

Hey guys-

Just bought some toys from Ben at ASM. I did the Volant tonight and plan to do the blower this weekend. I hate exhaust work so I'll probably have some-one else do that. I'll let you know how it goes.... :cool:

Hey guys-

Just bought some toys from Ben at ASM.  I did the Volant tonight and plan to do the blower this weekend.  I hate exhaust work so I'll probably have some-one else do that.  I'll let you know how it goes.... :cool:

Just a question. Isn't the Volant a full intake kit, and doesn't the supercharger feed off of the side with it's own intake tube? So...did you only get the Volant only for the air box?

I'm not sure how I'm going to configure it yet. I may have to use the tube supplied from Magnacharger. It still may not be $$$ wasted. The Volant box has a lot more volume than the factory box....and a little more vanity :cool:

Let me know how it works for you (and show pictures!). I am interested in doing the same thing, but have no idea what is needed in order for it all to fit. It's hard enough explaining to companies that this is not a standard Silverado, let alone that it has a Radix installed. Every little bit helps.

I just installed a Volant w/scoop and it was no problem (no plans for a SC).

I read through the instructions before I started (one page) and referenced

them during the install. I did have to take my drill and elongate one of the

mounting holes on the the box so I could bolt that corner down. Also had

to shorten the sleeve that connects the MAF to the air duct.

I like the results, a quicker throttle response and a nice sound enhancement

(which I didn't expect) during acceleration, which I really like!! :thumbs:

Cost and part info on the Volant Lee (I checked several sites and this was the

cheapest I could find, didn't check ebay);

Item 1

Product ID: VOL-35853

Product Name: Volant Air Scoop

Product Price: $125.00

Quantity: 1

Item 2

Product ID: VOL-15853

Product Name: Volant Intake System - Truck Kit With Box

Product Price: $266.40

Quantity: 1

This is the site: hyperformanceauto.com

All is in! I too had to elongate a hole for the Volant. No problem. I installed the Radix last Thursday. Time consuming, but very easy (6 hours or less with Pizza and beer eating up plenty of work time). SS's haven't got most of the stuff listed in the instructions....EGR, throttle cables, air pump. Just unplug everything that looks like it's in the way and take out the intake. The most time consuming part was running hoses and wires effectively. I did however have to do some fab work to mount the cooler. I used the mount supplied with the kit and moved the tranny cooler towards the passenger side. I had to cut some tabs off the tranny cooler, but it all workd well. I had a local shop do the headers...I should have done it myself!! It took them two days to get it done and they weren't very careful. Anyway, the headers really, really woke up this combo. I wasn't impressed with the blower until the headers went in. I'm not going to do my new mufflers or a smaller pulley until I've run it at the track. I've had Vette's (91 & 87) and 2 syclones. It seems to pull as hard as any of those......we'll see what the number show. :cool:

Archived