Radix, Headers, Volant from ASM

xcelr8

Thanks guys-

I hope it pays off.....I really stretched to do the Radix.....What pics should I post that haven't been done? :confused:

Post em all, even if there are similar photos already posted. After all, these are YOUR SS pictures, and that is worth showing off a bit :D

I wasn't impressed with the blower until the headers went in.

The supercharger should give you an impressive change. Did you double check the function of the intercooler pump? It should be sloshing along when the engine is running. Take the cap off the reservouir and make sure you see the coolant flowing in from the top hose. I had an issue with a fuse that was not installed in the factory fuse box that was preventing power form reaching the power post that the instructions indicate that you should use.

If you are installing a Magnacharger..., you better read this

Also, what pulley size did you get? It is stamped on the pulley face.

Magnacharger owners-, What's your pulley size?

I got a 3.10 with my kit, but that is supposed to be the wrong size. So it is giving me a bit more boost than it is supposed to :D I am seeing about 7lbs on the ol' boost-o-meter.

And congrats on getting "blown" :jester:

Yep- The pump works.....the jump wire you tried is how we tested the pump while we were filling it. I never would have thought to do the aux switch...I may do that. As for the pulley, 3.3 is the size. I'm going to run that until I have someone run a scan tool for me. I would like to run the 1/4 somewhere before I go further also. The only other things I plan to do after that are the 3.1 pulley, muffler, and I need to do something with the tranny. It won't hold up shifting as softly as it does now. Any suggestions on the tranny would be great! :cool:

Any suggestions on the tranny would be great! :cool:

So they are handing out the correct pulley now. A couple of us early birds go the smaller pulley :D. I wonder how much performance difference there is between the 3.3 and the 3.1.

As for the tranny, I am a bit worried about that too, at least in terms of long term durability. I am planning on playing around with LS1Edit to see what can be done there. Magnacharger says they are testing a Corvette servo to see how it helps. In fact Kevin, the tech support guy at Magnacharger, is testing it on his own truck :D He says it really firms up the shifts.

GM4LIFE,

Sorry, I don't have pics, but its not a difficult install.

I read through the instructions before I started (one page) and referenced

them during the install. I did have to take my drill and elongate one of the

mounting holes on the the box so I could bolt that corner down. Also had

to shorten the sleeve that connects the MAF to the air duct. The scoop

was a tight fit between the frame and the plastic wheel well insert, but it

will work if you work with it. I used wire ties to better secure it.

GM4LIFE,

Sorry, I don't have pics, but its not a difficult install.

I read through the instructions before I started (one page) and referenced

them during the install. I did have to take my drill and elongate one of the

mounting holes on the the box so I could bolt that corner down. Also had

to shorten the sleeve that connects the MAF to the air duct. The scoop

was a tight fit between the frame and the plastic wheel well insert, but it

will work if you work with it. I used wire ties to better secure it.

:cool: Does the Volant Air Scoop end sit behind the break vent?

Archived