Picking up my SS at 4PM today.

rogervm

Hello,

My name is Roger (Hi Roger) and I've been a Chevyholic for 27 years.

I just got off the phone with the dealer and I'm getting my SS this afternoon!

My current truck is a 91 shortbed with 4&6" drop, Boyd's wheels and a bunch of custom touches. I bought it new. In the past I've owned a '56 150 business coupe that did mid 9's , a 77 pick up that turned high 11's, a 69 vette with a tripower 427 I restored from the ground up into a concours winner and a 40 pick up likewise.

I plan to add a Gaylord's tonneu cover and Line-X liner to the SS immediately and a 2" drop when the current truck sells. It's nice to hear about everyone else's experiences with their mods and what works and what doesn't .

Thanks for the chance to tune in,

Roger

:D:D:D

Well, after 2-1/2 hours at the dealer last night, I finally got to drive the SS home. Someone at the dealer the truck was originally shipped to had transposed 2 digits of the VIN and it kept coming up as a Tahoe on their computer. This took a while to sort out. After the deal I made and all the incentives and rebates, I ended up saving $8400 off MSRP. Not too bad here in high priced "People's Republik of Kalifornia."

The truck is Victory red. (I swore I'd never own another black car 10 years ago)

Trailering package

6 disc CD

digital climate control

I'm really happy with the SS. They sure don't drive like they weigh 5300 lbs. I'm going to schedule the LineX today. I'm leaning towards getting it in red to match the truck. I've read about the fading but since a hard tonneau cover is also going on soon I'm not too worried about it. Has anyone else gone this route?

Roger

Ah, HA. :cool:

Seeeee, I told you guys that rodger had a lot of class (and good taste, too, I might add). Success is the sweetest revenge. Here's to you rodger. :cheers:

And to those of you who posted a comment to my question of "what color did you get."

Tongue2.jpg

I'm going to schedule the LineX today. I'm leaning towards getting it in red to match the truck. I've read about the fading but since a hard tonneau cover is also going on soon I'm not too worried about it. Has anyone else gone this route?

I would imagine that as long as it is not exposed to the sun, it shouldn't fade noticeably for a long time. I am no the expert though....ask Line-X for there opinion. The only concern I would have is making sure that the red matches correctly. That can be a very tough task since the surface is textured. A great job can be done though with someone that has experience!

Enjoy your new truck and be sure to post pictures for us! We all love 'em! :thumbs:

Justin :chevy:

Ah, HA. :cool:

Seeeee, I told you guys that rodger had a lot of class (and good taste, too, I might add). Success is the sweetest revenge. Here's to you rodger. :cheers:

And to those of you who posted a comment to my question of "what color did you get."

About the only color that's left, isn't it?

Archived