Clean Sirius setup

stealth03ss

Im sure most of you know about this but I thought Id share what I think I found. For those of us not equipped from factory with XM there is a factory clean sirius setup you can put in our trucks. The sirius box and an adaptor kit is all that is needed. The sirius box is not a visibly mounted thing, it goes in the dash behind or under or wherever you like that is hidden and a harness plugs into the back of our factory 6 disc players. Salesman is ASSURING me that this then is controlled on your steering wheel and that the display even says SIRIUS on it when the ticker flashes across. It displays channel, song title, artist everything just like the xm would have. I am going to do this real soon and ditch my old sirius reciever which is huge and ugly and the lights dont match my dash lights. (Im a bit picky I guess)

Hows come I havnt already seen a post about this? I know theres a bunch of us here with sirius now that we got HOWARD! :thumbs:

And I believe also this will get rid of that crappy fm modulator that makes the music sound like its playing in deep space :wtf:

I would love to know if this works, and specifically, whether you can use XM and Sirius simultaneously.  I love my XM, but I need NFL and NASCAR coverage (NASCAR going to Sirius in 07)!

Nascar is already on XM and NFL is on XM or is it just not enough? :dunno:

Edit if anyone finds out if both can be used by switching through the stock head unit I would like to know because it would be really cool to have XM and Sirius. Fukc FM radio!!! I don't get any FM stations at my house we are right at the base of the mountains so all stations go right over us. I get all FM stations like 1/4 mile down the street but that does me no good and comercials suck.

Ok, someone with XM please explain to me how you turn it on. Do you flip to it using the source button on the steering wheel? Cause thats how this guy is telling me it works, it will take the place of FM2 (the second set of fm presets accessed thru the source button (or band button on the H/U)). Now this is how he said it will work since I dont have XM. If you have XM and that is were you access it maybe you could use the AM spot for your sirius and FM2 for your already existing XM? then youd have CD-Sirius-FM-XM that would be :cool:

Ok, someone with XM please explain to me how you turn it on. Do you flip to it using the source button on the steering wheel? Cause thats how this guy is telling me it works, it will take the place of FM2 (the second set of fm presets accessed thru the source button (or band button on the H/U)). Now this is how he said it will work since I dont have XM. If you have XM and that is were you access it maybe you could use the AM spot for your sirius and FM2 for your already existing XM? then youd have CD-Sirius-FM-XM that would be  :cool:

Hit the band button on the headunit ..... AM ..... FM.....FM2.....XM

Ok, someone with XM please explain to me how you turn it on. Do you flip to it using the source button on the steering wheel? Cause thats how this guy is telling me it works, it will take the place of FM2 (the second set of fm presets accessed thru the source button (or band button on the H/U)). Now this is how he said it will work since I dont have XM. If you have XM and that is were you access it maybe you could use the AM spot for your sirius and FM2 for your already existing XM? then youd have CD-Sirius-FM-XM that would be  :cool:

Hit the band button on the headunit ..... AM ..... FM.....FM2.....XM

Ah ok thanks...

I dont think we have any supporting vendors that offer anything that would be along these lines so I hope I dont get in trouble for this. check it out tho...

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/soundkngm1v3.html

this is an interesting read. says it will NOT work alongside XM only in place of. also notice where it says compatible with so and so tuners, the last one is the sirius box that you also need. sells for around 100 bucks also at circuit city. this will take about 200 bucks and some time to install if i figure right and it all works ill be very happy, ill be exstatic if i can use the new shark fin antenna also....

• 2 weeks later...

I recently installed the Sirius Kenwood-type tuner with the Soundgate KNGM1v7 adapter. Now have clean Sirius satellite radio sound on the SS factory radio. If you have the XM tuner it needs to be unplugged. I also ran a separate Sirius antenna that came with the tuner. The one bitch part of the install was unplugging the cable from the back of the radio as there was not much cable slack. Anyhow now have Howard100 playing on the factory radio! Here's some pics... :cool:

normal_SiriusComps.JPG

normal_DashApart.JPG

normal_XMTuner.JPG

normal_SiriusTuner.JPG

normal_Howard100.JPG

I recently installed the Sirius Kenwood-type tuner with the Soundgate KNGM1v7 adapter.  Now have clean Sirius satellite radio sound on the SS factory radio.  If you have the XM tuner it needs to be unplugged.  I also ran a separate Sirius antenna that came with the tuner.  The one bitch part of the install was unplugging the cable from the back of the radio as there was not much cable slack.  Anyhow now have Howard100 playing on the factory radio!  Here's some pics...  :cool:

28372227907_0_ALB.jpg

27092227907_0_ALB.jpg

24802227907_0_ALB.jpg

Awesome! I didnt realy wanna be the ginea anyways...my birthday is friday the 20th so maybe by the 22nd Ill be rockin to Howard also :cheers:

now if your pics worked you'd realy be the man :thumbs:

Archived