Got a new 2005 Duramax 2500 :)

ThePDB

Just like the title says, got another duramax to add to the collection tonight :D For those that don't know my brother and I own a lawn care business. I've been really busy lately (the main reason I haven't been on here much) but 2 months ago we got an International dump truck and a C4500 Kodiak Duramax. We've been looking for another 2500. Today we bit the bullet and picked it up. It's pretty nice.

P.s. anyone wanna help with some vehicle payments? haha

P.s. I was checking out an 06 Vette... It's safe to say I don't really need the SS for a truck... I obviously don't haul or tow with it... I might just maybe have to think harder about the new C6. It's SOOOOOOO nice looking.

The other reason I wanted to post this was because I was wanting to know if anyone knows of a good chip for a duramax. The salesman I talked to said a buddy of his has a K&N intake, a chip, and new exhaust and supposedly he was getting like 24 MPG with his 05 Dmax. I'm not sure if it's true or not, I thought I'd maybe check into it and give it a shot.

TS Performance out of Bowling Green, Ky tsperformance.com they deal w/ other companies. but they also burn their own chips. And let me tell you from experience, Holy Effin Crap. All i can say.....if you dont like that....take a look at the Duramaximizer.

my brothers dmax gets 25mpg on the highway, stock :dunno:  The duramax motors do get better mileage once they get broke in

I'll have to see. We have an 03 Silverado 2500 Duramax as well. The 4500 has a Duramax too but I don't think that's a good comparison! It's a beast!!!

I'll have to check into some of those mods you guys mentioned. Thanks!!!

The other reason I wanted to post this was because I was wanting to know if anyone knows of a good chip for a duramax.  The salesman I talked to said a buddy of his has a K&N intake, a chip, and new exhaust and supposedly he was getting like 24 MPG with his 05 Dmax.  I'm not sure if it's true or not, I thought I'd maybe check into it and give it a shot.

You might want to PM jonmalibuss, he works for Banks. :thumbs:

Late- Alex

We have the Edge Juice W/Attitude on our shop 05 Duramax. I don't think that there is anything better for the money. Also, Jesse fro Wait4Me Performance is now tuning the Duramax. For $75 he says that he can give you as much HP as the trans can handle.

The other reason I wanted to post this was because I was wanting to know if anyone knows of a good chip for a duramax.  The salesman I talked to said a buddy of his has a K&N intake, a chip, and new exhaust and supposedly he was getting like 24 MPG with his 05 Dmax.  I'm not sure if it's true or not, I thought I'd maybe check into it and give it a shot.

You might want to PM jonmalibuss, he works for Banks. :thumbs:

Late- Alex

Sweet, I'll give that a try.

500+ posts and NO PICTURES....what gives!?!?!!? :dunno:

I just got the truck from the dealership tonight. I'll post a pic or two when I get it uploaded :)

EDIT. Here is the pic from the dealership

05Duramax.jpg

I almost bought the same truck as a replacement for my 04 Duramax. I was looking at a 2006 Crew Cab with an 8' box. Same color. Problem is, GM Employee/Red tag pricing really screwed their customers that already owned one of their vehicles. I guess I will just wait until the lease is over and get a 2007 or 2008.

500+ posts and NO PICTURES....what gives!?!?!!? :dunno:

I just got the truck from the dealership tonight. I'll post a pic or two when I get it uploaded :)

EDIT. Here is the pic from the dealership

05Duramax.jpg

I almost bought the same truck as a replacement for my 04 Duramax. I was looking at a 2006 Crew Cab with an 8' box. Same color. Problem is, GM Employee/Red tag pricing really screwed their customers that already owned one of their vehicles. I guess I will just wait until the lease is over and get a 2007 or 2008.

Yeah, I agree 100%. The one we bought yesterday had 5000 miles on it. Right now the only incentive on a new 2500 diesel was 1000 cash back. That's a JOKE. We got the 05' for $30,900.00 The sticker was $48,000.00 brand new. Not a bad deal if you ask me. I was going to go BRAND NEW, but GM didn't give me much of a reason to. I was shocked to find an 05 duramax with only 5000 miles.

we've been selling the hypertech power programmer at work for the duramax for quite a while now. we even keep 2 in stock. this has been the only programmer yet for the duramax that i haven't ran into problems with. many of the others will lead to transmission problems, high egt's while pulling, and aren't very hidden for warrenty. with the hypertech programmer, you program it and box up the programmer. it's pretty much invisible to a dealer this way. if you buy most of the other's you have to have something in the truck that's obvious for them to see that you have a programmer in there which is just a good reason for them to reject a warrenty claim. the most common gain in milage with the hypertech programmer is 2-4mpg. their programmer for gas engines doesn't do much, but the diesel programmer just plain works outstanding. alot more power, retains full towing ability even with the highest stage chosen, and as i mentioned gets past warrenty much easier.

Archived