Got a new 2005 Duramax 2500 :)

ThePDB

++

The other reason I wanted to post this was because I was wanting to know if anyone knows of a good chip for a duramax.  The salesman I talked to said a buddy of his has a K&N intake, a chip, and new exhaust and supposedly he was getting like 24 MPG with his 05 Dmax.  I'm not sure if it's true or not, I thought I'd maybe check into it and give it a shot.

EFI Flashscan works on the LLY & LB7, I'm not sure anyone has anything yet for the LBZ (which you may or may not have). Checkout www.efilive for info if your interested in tuning it yourself. I've only done 3 todate. I was amazed at how easy it was to increase power....

Nice new D-max that c4500 is huge!

Yeah, it's a monster! We put a backup Camera on it and a monitor in the overhead console. Without that it's impossible to see. Especially since we use it to plow. I'm actually looking for a landscaper dump body for it. Something with fold down sides. With the chip box on it, it really is huge!!!

we've been selling the hypertech power programmer at work for the duramax for quite a while now. we even keep 2 in stock. this has been the only programmer yet for the duramax that i haven't ran into problems with. many of the others will lead to transmission problems, high egt's while pulling, and aren't very hidden for warrenty. with the hypertech programmer, you program it and box up the programmer. it's pretty much invisible to a dealer this way. if you buy most of the other's you have to have something in the truck that's obvious for them to see that you have a programmer in there which is just a good reason for them to reject a warrenty claim. the most common gain in milage with the hypertech programmer is 2-4mpg. their programmer for gas engines doesn't do much, but the diesel programmer just plain works outstanding. alot more power, retains full towing ability even with the highest stage chosen, and as i mentioned gets past warrenty much easier.

Well, with your knowledge and expertise I'll definately take that into consideration. I definately don't wanna have any problems with warranty claims. (hopefully we'll never have any as we never have with the 03' yet) Were definately gonna be doing a lot of towing and plowing and I don't want any problems. I'm not really looking for speed... just better mileage and towing.

Thanks again everyone for the info!

I know the TS Performance programmer can be installed and uninstalled in 15 minutes...so if you do ever have to have warranty work, it'll come right out. These guys are pretty sharp...they won the DHRA Street World Championships in Houston this year....hell they even got a Jeep Liberty Diesel..4 banger mind you....in the 16's.w/ jus a chip and an airbox thrown together for it cuz they havent yet designed 1 for it....lol...They're worth a look...

we've been selling the hypertech power programmer at work for the duramax for quite a while now. we even keep 2 in stock. this has been the only programmer yet for the duramax that i haven't ran into problems with. many of the others will lead to transmission problems, high egt's while pulling, and aren't very hidden for warrenty. with the hypertech programmer, you program it and box up the programmer. it's pretty much invisible to a dealer this way. if you buy most of the other's you have to have something in the truck that's obvious for them to see that you have a programmer in there which is just a good reason for them to reject a warrenty claim. the most common gain in milage with the hypertech programmer is 2-4mpg. their programmer for gas engines doesn't do much, but the diesel programmer just plain works outstanding. alot more power, retains full towing ability even with the highest stage chosen, and as i mentioned gets past warrenty much easier.

Zippy, are you using the #30029 Hypertech?

I believe the 06 (saw one at my dealer)has a new 6 spd auto Allison trans.. supposed to be even better with more MPG s. They told me it s a differnt motor and trans from the 05. The price is killer though.

Zippy, are you using the #30029 Hypertech?

That is the part number we use, correct... :thumbs:

Archived