Aero Turbine

03ScreaminSS

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Ok, this muffler is coming OFF!! IT IS SO ANNOYING!

I DO NOT recommend this for the SS.

Does anyone have any good suggestions for something low and aggressive?

whats making you take it off? A hooker areochamber is what i'm running and its perfect, low rumble but does get somewhat loud at WOT, but there is no noise inside the cab what so ever. It use to be unbareable when i first had it installed with the stock exit system, made all sorts of interior noise but when i dumped it it made all that go away and sounds a lot smoother. How do you have your exiting right now? If its with the stock exit system ditch that and turn it down right after the muffler and before the axle, it makes a world of difference

All I did was cut out the muffler and replace it with the new one. All stock piping.

I am getting rid of it because at cruising speeds, it is unbearable in the car. High pitched noise, leaves me with a headache when I get out.

Anywhere from 80 down is just ridiculous, so I'm cutting it out. Moving the muffler to the new Ram, because I heard sound clips of it on the Hemi and it sounded really nice. It is just way to high pitched at driving speed. It sounds AWESOME at idle and start up.

I wish my friend would of found his camera, and I could of got a movie. I'll keep asking him this week, if he isn't to busy that is.

hey man, its the stock piping that is making that loud inside the cab, thats how it was with my aerochamber, it causes so much resonance and drone issues with the stock exiting piping it is rediculous. before you cut everything off, go get yourself some turndowns, not sure what your muffler exit size it but mine was 3in so i got a turndown that slides over the 3in outlet and then U clamped it down. After that everything was nice and quiet on the inside, i bet it solves your problem instead of removing everything again. Give it a try

I had the same resonance issue with a Fo-Pro 2504 and the stock piping/exit. The noise on the cab at 1500-1800 rpms was terrible. So last week I cut off everything after the muffler. Wow what a difference, stock noise levels in the cab but mean on the outside. I drove it like that for a week and then had a turndown welded on each exit. That tamed it down a bit more. I love it now. I wish I would have done it months ago.

It is no wonder that the stock muffler is set up to reduce resonance, that two into one exit piping makes a hell of a lot of it.

Greg

Archived