Stock muffler question

That Copperhead project is SWEET!! I wish he would hurry up and finish it.

What is the copperhead project? :confused:

Watch Trucks! today on Spike TV. It's just a project he's been working on for quite a while. I can't remember if it's an old Land Cruiser or Toyota.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

OK I KNOW THIS IS AN OLD TREAD BUT I AM TAKING MY STOCK EXHAUST OFF THIS WEEKEND AND PULLING ALL THE BAFFLES OUT AND REINSTALLING IT SO I WILL LET YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT I FIND..... I THINK ITS A TRUE DUEL OUT BUT WE WILL SEE!!! I'M BETTING IT SOUNDS REAL COOL HOLOWED OUT!!!

OK I KNOW THIS IS AN OLD TREAD BUT I AM TAKING MY STOCK EXHAUST OFF THIS WEEKEND AND PULLING ALL THE BAFFLES OUT AND REINSTALLING IT SO I WILL LET YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT I FIND..... I THINK ITS A TRUE DUEL OUT BUT WE WILL SEE!!! I'M BETTING IT SOUNDS REAL COOL HOLOWED OUT!!!

I'd like to see pics of the inside of the muffler. I'm sure others would, too...

Good luck with the mods... and please don't YELL unless your really mad or something. (turn off your cap lock) :D

:cheers:

Posted: Oct 17 2003, 12:46 PM

Senior SS Member

Group: Members

Member No.: 2576

I went back to the muffler shop this morning & had the Flopro MX336 removed. Just for grins we put the stock muffler back on to see if it was a true dual in dual out.

The results are: It's not. Looking at he rear of the muffler, the left side barely has any flow at all. Even when we covered the tail pipe on the right side flow did not increase.

So for people looking to just add dual tail pipes & use factory muffler, don't.

I took a hit for the team on this one......lol

I'm gona leave it like this until I figure out what to do next.

This is from my personal exhaust expirence.

Archived