McGaughy's does not sell to the public anymore

misterp

I faxed my order to McGaughy's for a deluxe drop kit, got a call back from Susan, she says that in Spetember they signed dealership arrangments with several retailers and now cannot sell direct to the public. I was told to call Street Beat at 800-420-5060 and tell them Susan referred me...

Mr. P.

I know, I know - another nailbiter. But that's where Susan referred me to, and Street Beat has the kits drop-shipped straight from McGaughy's anyway; the total price (including shipping) was $425.

Mr. P.

That sucks for sure! :yellow_loser:

I wonder what the big deal is in dealing with the public? I wonder if this is just the beginning? :dunno: I also wonder if they will help you with any questions anymore?

DRAMA!

Late- Alex

That sucks for sure!  :yellow_loser:

I wonder what the big deal is in dealing with the public? I wonder if this is just the beginning?  :dunno:  I also wonder if they will help you with any questions anymore?

DRAMA!

Late-  Alex

It sounds as if they have a deal with streat beat customs. They would do this so that they no longer have to deal with customers street beat makes some $ and and they don't ever have to touch the products.

This is a big issue in my industry as well and I know why McGaughy's did it.

Primary reason is competition. If you can buy the kit directly from McG cheaper than most other places theres no incentive for places like Street Beat to push the product. If indepent retailers are selling it they are fitting the bill for advertising and all the 'front end' part of the process now... saving McG money, but creating more business for the independent sales channel at the same time.

Couple that with the fact its easier to employ a staff that is purely there for order fulfillment and shipping rather than sales, processing, order fulfillment, and shipping.

Its all economics.

A number of companies I deal with won't release dealer agreements to other guys within 150 miles of us to make sure the customers are driven to specific locations and theres no competition to drive prices to an unreasonable level.

This type of business does also move a good portion of the customer service burden off of McG and onto the retailers.

Anything to save a buck... I have a feeling the customer support will suffer in the long run. Oh well... my kits on :D

This is a big issue in my industry as well and I know why McGaughy's did it.

Primary reason is competition. If you can buy the kit directly from McG cheaper than most other places theres no incentive for places like Street Beat to push the product. If indepent retailers are selling it they are fitting the bill for advertising and all the 'front end' part of the process now... saving McG money, but creating more business for the independent sales channel at the same time.

Couple that with the fact its easier to employ a staff that is purely there for order fulfillment and shipping rather than sales, processing, order fulfillment, and shipping.

Its all economics.

A number of companies I deal with won't release dealer agreements to other guys within 150 miles of us to make sure the customers are driven to specific locations and theres no competition to drive prices to an unreasonable level.

This type of business does also move a good portion of the customer service burden off of McG and onto the retailers.

Anything to save a buck... I have a feeling the customer support will suffer in the long run. Oh well... my kits on  :D

Sound like bullsh*t to me! Seems like the only thing MG is gaining is not having to deal with customers because the price is just about the same and it still gets shipped to the customer from their facility. It also looks like this place they are reffering people to is a hit or miss thing. Oh well, like you said, my kit is on. :jester:

Late- Alex

I know, I know - another nailbiter.  But that's where Susan referred me to, and Street Beat has the kits drop-shipped straight from McGaughy's anyway; the total price (including shipping) was $425.

Mr. P.

Hey dude!

sooo, will they give you a better deal if you order TWO kits...

I'm gettin a nose bleed here from the altitude of my SS, and I'm afraid of heights so I think its time to get closer to the ground... spindle front, and ??? for the rear...

2/3.5 I geuss...

so whats up maan! :ughdance:

~Brian

Hey dude!

sooo, will they give you a better deal if you order TWO kits...

I'm gettin a nose bleed here from the altitude of my SS, and I'm afraid of heights so I think its time to get closer to the ground... spindle front, and ??? for the rear...

2/3.5 I geuss...

so whats up maan!  :ughdance:

~Brian

Better deal? Shhhyyeah right :nonod:

What's up - well for SS mods: the stock Goodyears are shot, I can power-slide the truck from a stop at will now :D So I bought new Pirellis and decided to get shorter ones, like 1-1/2" shorter overall and I don't mind gaps in the wheelwells but even that's a bit too ghetto for me! So I'm droppin' the truck in the next several weeks, I'm thinking probably the weekend of the 28th. So the suspension will have a 2" drop plus a .75" drop from shorter tires. Other plans this winter/spring are to make belly pans for it, that combined ought to really cut the air out from under the truck. Then in late spring it's on to brakes - Earl's lines, ATE fluid, and Hawk pads at least, if I can score some outside income then I'll try to score a whole Baer kit but I might not be able to afford that quite yet, we'll see.

Mr. P. :)

Archived