Thanks for holding my hand mass

Bigdogx

Just another excuse for insurance companys to drive there profits thru the roof in this craptastic state!Well looks like in mass they need no excuse other then you were not wearing a seatbelt to pull you over now, and on top of it it will cost way more then the 25 dollar ticket price because they made it a 5 year sir charge on your licence!Funny how they dont think school kids on busses need them, wonder if it has anything to do with the money it would cost to retrofit all the busses in this state?But they seem to think it's ok to take my freedoms and throw a charge on it.Also funny how all three cops i passed today into work were all not wearing them so is it going to be alright for cops not to wear them or do they get special treatment? :confused:

The deal is something like this. Police may use phone services while driving without handfree for EMERGENCY services. Your protection.. They may also drive without seatbelts because they have to make quick exits of the car pending trouble. YOUR Safety again. I know it falls under do as I say not as I do, but poilce are there for our/all protection, and not to be bashed on.(sometimes it just to easy though) I personally think it should be personal choice, like smoking, but it has been proven time and time again to save lives with airbags.

The deal is something like this. Police may use phone services while driving without handfree for EMERGENCY services. Your protection.. They may also drive without seatbelts because they have to make quick exits of the car pending trouble. YOUR Safety again. I know it falls under do as I say not as I do, but poilce are there for our/all protection, and not to be bashed on.(sometimes it just to easy though) I personally think it should be personal choice, like smoking, but it has been proven time and time again to save lives with airbags.

Im not bashing cops but if i should have to wear one they should also set the example and put them on when not in pursuit.I would have no problem with this law except for the 5 year sir charge which is a absolute crock!The only reason why we have this law today so the insurance companys can make money hand over fist on it!I hope the cops do what all other states have done and pretty much ignore this law as far as pulling people over for it!

I live in Mass. also and I am not crazy about the change in the law. But, have you seen the way these people drive. I don't like the taste of glass, so I wear mine all the time. I think that the school bus companies should put the belts in or not get the contracts.

A few insurance companies will not even do business in this state because they can't make a dime. I don't think that is right, but its the truth. Fraud, theft and accidents, do you see any auto body shops that are not busy. How many high school aged kids get killed here each year because of bad driving and not wearing seat belts? Think about it!

Sorry for the rant :rant:

I live in Mass. also and I am not crazy about the change in the law. But, have you seen the way these people drive. I don't like the taste of glass, so I wear mine all the time. I think that the school bus companies should put the belts in or not get the contracts.

A few insurance companies will not even do business in this state because they can't make a dime. I don't think that is right, but its the truth. Fraud, theft and accidents, do you see any auto body shops that are not busy. How many high school aged kids get killed here each year because of bad driving and not wearing seat belts? Think about it!

Sorry for the rant :rant:

Well seeing how i dont drive like a idiot i have not had to worry about eating glass!And im all for the law except the sir charge which is a load of crap.How come i can run a red light and not get one but if i forget to put my belt on when i take a 1/2 mile drive to the store down the street i should have to pay hudreds for the next 5 years?Sorry i think that is harsh and unfair, and school busses will not be required to have them so i guess them wanting people to be safer is not the reason because i think the busses should be priority number one but that is something that will cost the state not make them money like they will as it is setup!

They made it legal here in Maryland for the cops to pull you over for not having a seat belt on a couple years ago. I think it's $70 and 1 point, total BS the cops were set up at the exits of malls pulling people over for not having their seat belts on. Still do it for time to time to. I wear mine at all times but frankly if someone doesn't want to wear theirs that their choice and I really don't care. There is no way they should be able to pull you over just for that. :icon_bs:

They made it legal here in Maryland for the cops to pull you over for not having a seat belt on a couple years ago.  I think it's $70 and 1 point, total BS the cops were set up at the exits of malls pulling people over for not having their seat belts on.  Still do it for time to time to.  I wear mine at all times but frankly if someone doesn't want to wear theirs that their choice and I really don't care.  There is no way they should be able to pull you over just for that. :icon_bs:

Well thats how its going to be here so watch out if your driving thru!I just think it's a load of crap that it will be possible to screw my insurance rates up if i go to the store a 1/2 mile away and some rookie cop looking to be a harda## can totally ruin what ive worked long and hard at getting my step to a 9 if i forget to buckle up!Im fine with the ticket part and even being pulled over for that reason but i still say this law was only passed for one reason only and thats for the insurance companys, there is no reason to make this a sir charge offence!

Add michigan to the list. We also hear "Click it or ticket" all the time. They even go so far as to randomly block off busy intersections and have about 10 cops looking into everyones windows to see if they're wearing them. :icon_bs: I wear mine all the time so it's no biggie for me, but I believe in choice. However, they should also amend the insurance rules so that if you get thrown through the windshield while not wearing your belts the insurance doesn't have to pay for your injuries. Same thing with motorcycle helmets. Ride without if you want, but if you die from a head injury don't hold me responsible.

Archived