Barrett Jackson car auction

TimC3

So I'm sitting here watching the auction on the speed channel, a 1970 Chevelle LS6 drag racer came down the line.. It happened to catch my attention at around $325,000, and these two guys went back and forth on it.. 350, 375, 400, 425, 500, 550, 600, 625, 700, 800, 850, 900, 950, 1 million, 1.1 mil, and finally ended at $1,150,000! :eek::eek::eek:

Jeezus!! I couldn't believe my eyes.. I mean this thing was bad ass, but 1.15 Million?

Everyone in the crowd was on their feet after it went above $500,000.. Amazing.. :crazy: I wish I had that kind of change to throw around. :sigh:

I bet it was a bad @$$ ride, but I highly doubt it was worth that kind of $$$. Especially if it was a racer. That would mean it didn't have any numbers that matched right? Probably could have built the same thing for half that!

Late- Alex

I remember when the value of domestic classics went sky-high in the early 90's, that same car would have traded hands in the $110K range. But then the market collapsed/corrected in the late 90's. I think we are seeing a repeat upswing in the market at the moment...

Mr. P.

Well you have to consider all of the baby boomers who are just beginning to retire and returning to their roots. It's no wonder why the value of some of those cars have just sky rocketed. It's a good time to be in the financial industry too. You can make a lot of bank on a 401K rollover.

I bet it was a bad @$$ ride, but I highly doubt it was worth that kind of $$$. Especially if it was a racer. That would mean it didn't have any numbers that matched right? Probably could have built the same thing for half that!

Late-  Alex

It only had 41 miles!!! 1/4 at a time.

That Chevelle was all #'s matching....peice of drag racing history....like they said..41 miles....1/4 at a time......or how about the ALL original 69 Z28 w/ 11,000 miles considered to be the cleanest original Camaro in the world....never restored..all original.....looked brand new...200K...thats my dream car show...

The only problem with the whole Barrett Jackson Auction is that all the regular guys that have cars that are just drivers, are going to jack the price of there cars up cause they see how much money these nice cars bring. A guy with a $15k camaro will now ask $20k+ because he thinks it should be worth at least that much after seeing the others sell on T.V. Good for a seller, bad for a person looking to buy a car.

But one car that went farily cheap was the 69 ZL1 camaro. It was silver and car number 50 somethingof 69 produced. It only brought $400k when I have seen cars similar to it go for $700k+.

Archived