Well, it finally happened to me :(

ThePDB

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my bumper has been shot for about a year, its not real bad but does need replaced but after my mishap on Monday, if i need to get a new sub frame which may happen then everything on my truck is getting fixed.  I have never made a claim before and that is why i asked about premuims, especially cause in 4 months my insurance rates will drop a ton cause i turn 25.  never had anything previous to this before so i'm a little shakey to report it unless i really need to.  Our insurance guy is a good friend of the family as well but his son is a dick and screwed things up for my bro a while ago when his father said it would be fine. I cant beive your total was that much for the damage.  Did you take it to a GM dealer to get appraised or a collision place?  If i need a new sub frame thats only $1500, I sure hope there isnt more hidden to my bumper that can really bring the total up.

Yeah, I took it to a GM dealer! He told me he thought 1500 and my insurance company said they thought more like 2300. Parts were REDICULOUS!!!

Popeye55: as of right now I'm letting the dealership do what they have to do... I told him yesterday though that I thought it was pretty shitty that I could find a bumper in about 2 days when they've had 10 and couldn't get it done! I'll let you know though if anything changes.

ba339: I know what you mean... I've been anxiously awaiting to get the truck back and see what kind of job they did. Like I said before, it seemed as if they did a good job so far. I'll post pics when I get it back... IF I ever get it back :(

Well, hopefully the last update! I just called the dealership today to basically tell them I'm picking the truck up and ordering the bumper myself and he told me they got one this morning from Kentucky. Should be ready to pick up in an hour or so. 2 day job that (so far) has taken 17 days. :banghead:

I hope your insurance is paying for a rental car. I have used that more than once to get the Insurance to force the hurry up.

I take the rental even though I don't need it!

BTW some idiot got my rear about a year ago. Cost 2500 cause it got into the bed side. Look very closely my friend.

I hope your insurance is paying for a rental car. I have used that more than once to get the Insurance to force the hurry up.

I take the rental even though I don't need it!

BTW some idiot got my rear about a year ago. Cost 2500 cause it got into the bed side. Look very closely my friend.

If I understand what your saying... dont worry. i'll be inspecting it like crazy!!!

Archived