hot damn

trialsman

Hot damn, my patience and good luck have paid off. I've been watching this forum, the papers, etc looking for a good deal on a 2-wd SS. Tomorrow I'm going to the credit union to arrange for my new SS.

Found a loaded 06 black about an hour away with only 105 miles on it. The guy decided he really wanted a street rod. He has the title and I'm buying it for 33,500. Sticker was over 39k plus no taxes to pay, 6 percent here.

I have a Black 2000 Tahoe Limited with chrome 20's that I really love but that SS has been seducing me now for awhile. I said I would never get another vehicle in black. Never say never, I guess.

Guess I'll be polishing and waxing this weekend.

I've already picked up the tip on the bumpstops and the pcm4less.

Thanks

He is right, that does not sound like a good deal at all.

Yeah and im not trying to be a jerk about it because you sound pretty excited as you should be because they are very nice rides but go look in the for sale section, and you will find out that the stickers on these trucks are insanely over bloated.If you are in canada this might be a decent deal but walk from it if this is in the states.You can without question find one for a better deal, hell theres probably a few in the for sale section with a few thousand miles on them for almost ten grand cheaper and with mods and awd.

You guys just found a way to piss on his parade. Put yourself in his shoes and the excitement felt has just turned downhill. No matter what deals you can get here or there the truth behind this forum is it's all about the truck....no matter price. It would be good to know this maybe before you sign, but excitment overwelms everything, (price included). My 05 SSS was 39k, granted I was upside down on my trade-in but still I have no regrets. All I am trying to say is be encouraging to a new owner and leave the "you should of done this or done that out of it"

my .02 :dunno:

I am excited for him too. The thing is that it is not the only one out there and if you can help out a member to save money or w/ ideas we will try to help. I paid 27k for mine new and no one will say that they could have done better then that. IMO for a 2wd you can get one for alot cheaper. Sorry Trialsman just my .02Cents

You guys just found a way to piss on his parade. Put yourself in his shoes and the excitement felt has just turned downhill. No matter what deals you can get here or there the truth behind this forum is it's all about the truck....no matter price. It would be good to know this maybe before you sign, but excitment overwelms everything, (price included). My 05 SSS was 39k, granted I was upside down on my trade-in but still I have no regrets. All I am trying to say is be encouraging to a new owner and leave the "you should of done this or done that out of it"

my .02  :dunno:

Like i said im not trying to be a jerk, but why sit back and watch someone not get a good deal without lifting a finger like you think people should do?If he is in canada then my mistake but there is no way a 2wd ss is worth 33k in the states, you know that and i know that!

Dont forget this is a public forum and sometimes you will not get answers or opinions you like, im only trying to help here if he wants to spend that much for a ss then more power to him and good luck with your purchase!

Like i said im not trying to be a jerk, but why sit back and watch someone not get a good deal without lifting a finger like you think people should do?If he is in canada then my mistake but there is no way a 2wd ss is worth 33k in the states, you know that and i know that!

Dont forget this is a public forum and sometimes you will not get answers or opinions you like, im only trying to help here if he wants to spend that much for a ss then more power to him and good luck with your purchase!

Sorry guys, but you're not going to convince me 6400 below sticker plus no 2000 in taxes is not a great deal for an 06 with 105 miles on it. Thanks, though

Sorry guys, but you're not going to convince me 6400 below sticker plus no 2000 in taxes is not a great deal for an 06 with 105 miles on it. Thanks, though

Like i said if you feel comfortable with the price you have then good luck and enjoy your new ride!

Like i said if you feel comfortable with the price you have then good luck and enjoy your new ride!

You must live in canada or you are getting a awd version because it is impossible to even get a 2wd ss with every single option checked to list over 36k sticker!If you dont believe me go to www.gm.com and build one up.

a good deal on a vehicle, is one that you are happy with at a price that you feel is good from a dealer that you feel is going to take care of you. people spend way too much time shoping from dealer to dealer trying to get the "Best Deal" they spend weeks shopping dealers to save a couple hundred bucks.

Trialsman- congrats on the new truck and welcome to the site I'm sending you a PM now

Archived