How about one of these?

Bowtie70SS

Yeah, that would be sweet.  But read the fine-print:  dry-sump lines, dry-sump tank, wiring harness and PCM  not  included.  That will affect the budget a bit.

Mr. P.  :)

Details, details...The dry sump would be easy enough, I would imagine that the SSS engine controls/computer would work. But hey if you have 15 large for the engine the rest should be easy.

Dave

• 3 months later...
Yeah, that would be sweet.  But read the fine-print:  dry-sump lines, dry-sump tank, wiring harness and PCM  not  included.  That will affect the budget a bit.

Mr. P.  :)

Details, details...The dry sump would be easy enough, I would imagine that the SSS engine controls/computer would work. But hey if you have 15 large for the engine the rest should be easy.

Dave

Dave,

I too noticed the LS-7 when ordering some wheelcaps for my SS. I guess I would want the 6 speed paddle auto transmission in addition. As for the rest, what to put it in. Just for conversation, besides an SS, how about a Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab short wheel base or one of the original underpowered SSRs?

See, that's what Im talkin about :) Instead of a Radix and 3 or 4 trans rebuilds, I'd save my $$ for that...and yes, I would put '427SS' stickers on the sides of the bed!

See, that's what Im talkin about  :)  Instead of a Radix and 3 or 4 trans rebuilds, I'd save my $$ for that...and yes, I would put '427SS' stickers on the sides of the bed!

so your saying the stock trans in our trucks wouldnt take a frumpy behind a 427?

:crackup:

dont forget the extra $$$$ for dry sump tank & lines & fitting and and and...

See, that's what Im talkin about  :)  Instead of a Radix and 3 or 4 trans rebuilds, I'd save my $$ for that...and yes, I would put '427SS' stickers on the sides of the bed!

so your saying the stock trans in our trucks wouldnt take a frumpy behind a 427?

:crackup:

dont forget the extra $$$$ for dry sump tank & lines & fitting and and and...

I actually meant the 3-4 rebuilds some of our Radix buddies seem to have been through. I think the 65E can be made to handle it. But I would like to see one of our trucks with one one day...

Archived