A couple of quick questions...

SuperDave

Hi Guys, I'm new here, don't own a SS yet, but its in the works. What kind of gas mileage can I expect from these fine looking rides. I don't want extremes... just real world everyday combo driving.

My insurance agent quoted me 444.51 every six months for full coverage, is this average, high, or low?

With a sticker of 41,970.00 my dealer wants 34,513.00 with the 0.0% for 60 month financing, is this price fair, or can I beat it?

How many think I should wait and get a 2004 model? I really don't care about the chrome wheel issue

Looking forward to some colorful replies!

You guys have some sweet trucks!

SuperDave :thumbs:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

first welcome to the site :cheers:

ok i am averaging around 14mpg, i am 23 and have mutiple car discount and pay 103 a month for just the SS, and you might be able to squeze a little more out of the dealer but not much. that a pretty good price and if you get a 04 your interst will be 3.9% for 60 months, there is no change in the 04 other than chrome wheel option and price is a few more hundred dollars. from the sicker price you are looking at it seems that you have every option for an SS in 03. hope that helps in your decison. I guess it depends on how bad you want one. good luck :thumbs:

I'm 43, and insurance isn't that bad in Oklahoma. Still, 900.00/year is a lot of money for insurance to me! I'm currently driving a 1991 Silverado (C-1500) 1/2 ton SWB, and like the look of the new SS but am having trouble deciding to cut loose with the $$ ! I only have around 67000 miles on my '91 so this new truck will last me a good long while! Especially considering the price.

They are very nice looking trucks, I really not crazy about the front end styling, and the price is way out of line, but I'm still considering the purchase. It's time for a new truck, besides, I promised my old truck to my son who will be driving before too long.

How is the fit and finish of the new trucks? I was never very pleased with the interior of my old truck. They seemed to be made cheaply. Lots of rattling squeaking plastic. The New ones look much nicer to me.

Let me know the general opinion.

SuperDave

I am very pleased with the Interior's fit and finish, It is not as nice as it should be, but Chevy has never been known for their fancy interiors. I would higly recommend this truck to anybody that is on the fence. The price is really not bad with incentives and low intrest rates.

As far as insurance, I dont think my company even knows it is an SS, to them I think it is just a Silverado, and I did not tell them any different. When I got my quote they had it listed as 4WD not AWD.

Hi Guys, I'm new here, don't own a SS yet, but its in the works. What kind of gas mileage can I expect from these fine looking rides. I don't want extremes... just real world everyday combo driving.

My insurance agent quoted me 444.51 every six months for full coverage, is this average, high, or low?

With a sticker of 41,970.00 my dealer wants 34,513.00 with the 0.0% for 60 month financing, is this price fair, or can I beat it?

How many think I should wait and get a 2004 model? I really don't care about the chrome wheel issue

Looking forward to some colorful replies!

You guys have some sweet trucks!

SuperDave :thumbs:

:seeya: Welcome to the site!

I have been averaging about 14 to 16 mpg. I abuse cruise control at anything over 40 mph. Let the computer conserve the gas for me.

That insurance sounds great to me! Better than what I am paying. Just an FYI.. I traded in a 2003 Silverado LS for the SS. Same year and more expensive, but my insurance went down about 60 bucks a term or 10 bucks a month. I think it is because of the AWD! But I did not ask. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth!

Make sure you get the $1000 rebate for the coupon. I didn't get this coupon but my dealer still gave me the rebate. I also got $1000 rebate because I have a toyota at the house (not sure how this worked, didn't ask). Overall I got the 0% and 3500 in rebates on top of the GM Suppliers discount. Think it went from 41k to around 31.5k. Not sure if you can get all those deals but try!

I'd say get the 2003 and be an OG!

I'm 43, and insurance isn't that bad in Oklahoma. Still, 900.00/year is a lot of money for insurance to me! I'm currently driving a 1991 Silverado (C-1500) 1/2 ton SWB, and like the look of the new SS but am having trouble deciding to cut loose with the $$ ! I only have around 67000 miles on my '91 so this new truck will last me a good long while! Especially considering the price.

They are very nice looking trucks, I really not crazy about the front end styling, and the price is way out of line, but I'm still considering the purchase. It's time for a new truck, besides, I promised my old truck to my son who will be driving before too long.

How is the fit and finish of the new trucks? I was never very pleased with the interior of my old truck. They seemed to be made cheaply. Lots of rattling squeaking plastic. The New ones look much nicer to me.

Let me know the general opinion.

SuperDave

You sound like you have a similar situation to mine. I had a 91 S-10 before my SS, bought it new back in 91. I figured that the excess cost of the SS was easier to justify, given the way I hang on to my vehicles for a decade or so. $40k spread over 10 years, works out to $333 a month :D And if I am going to be driving it for the next 10 years, it may as well be something I like a lot !!! Besides, if I had got a regular Silverado, I would have been spending a lot of money trying to turn it into an SS :D So go for it, get all the bells and whistles!!!

When I first saw the front end on the 03 Silverado, I was not too sure about it, but later, when I saw it on the SS, it just seemed "right". The "aggressive" look matches the SS better, I think.

As far the interior goes, coming from 1991 to 2003 is quite a (pleasant) shock in terms of features and quality. Keep an eye on the cladding on the sides of the truck. Some folks seem to have more waves and wrinkles than others. Mine has some waves on the drivers side, and some wrinkles on the passenger side. The waves are subtle and don't bother me, but the wrinkles are not so nice. Fortunately, the wrinkles are on the passenger side, where I rarely see them :D It is the nature of the plastic to be that way to one degree or another, but as you shop, you may as well get one that is not going to annoy you in the long run :)

And if you want to really have some fun, put aside $6000 and add a supercharger to the SS :cool:

SuperDave:

That is exactly the same price that I paid for the SS, go for it that is a really great deal. :thumbs: Others have done even better than that though, not sure if they got 0% financing, I know I did. :thumbs:

And now make sure you select the BLACK SS, because you know that is the most beautiful color as well as the fastest! The black adds about 10 more HP to the SS. –JK- :D

No problems to report about ride quality or overall fit and finish of the vehicle thus far, I have 4K miles on it right now and everything is Grrreat!

Welcome to the forum!

:cheers:

Archived