A couple of quick questions...

SuperDave

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You sound like you have a similar situation to mine.  I had a 91 S-10 before my SS, bought it new back in 91.  I figured that the excess cost of the SS was easier to justify, given the way I hang on to my vehicles for a decade or so.  $40k spread over 10 years, works out to $333 a month :D    And if I am going to be driving it for the next 10 years, it may as well be something I like a lot !!!  Besides, if I had got a regular Silverado, I would have been spending a lot of money trying to turn it into an SS :D  So go for it, get all the bells and whistles!!!

When I first saw the front end on the 03 Silverado, I was not too sure about it, but later, when I saw it on the SS, it just seemed "right".  The "aggressive" look matches the SS better, I think.

As far the interior goes, coming from 1991 to 2003 is quite a (pleasant) shock in terms of features and quality.  Keep an eye on the cladding on the sides of the truck.  Some folks seem to have more waves and wrinkles than others.  Mine has some waves on the drivers side, and some wrinkles on the passenger side.  The waves are subtle and don't bother me, but the wrinkles are not so nice.  Fortunately, the wrinkles are on the passenger side, where I rarely see them :D  It is the nature of the plastic to be that way to one degree or another, but as you shop, you may as well get one that is not going to annoy you in the long run  :)

And if you want to really have some fun, put aside $6000 and add a supercharger to the SS  :cool:

And I expected you to start off with, "damn why didn't I pick that name?"....oh well :jester: Just referring to your blown ride :D

SuperDave - welcome to the site and hope you get one of these trucks. :thumbs: Despite all you may have read, the blue one is the better truck. You'll need more money knocked off for any other color. :D

Hey Zippy and Lee, you guys are cracking me up. I always write books for some reason. My pet parrot tells me to get a life!

I will share a little info with you all! All colors of the SS are beautiful, at least I think so. But, I always buy black. Don't know why, just do. I've had a black 1982 Silverado Diesel (worked in the oilfield, free fuel) A black and silver 84 GMC 1/2 ton SWB, and my 1991 Silverado is Black. I have a Black Kawasaki ZRX 1200R (2001) and a Black 1969 Camaro Z-28 (Clone, it's really a X-11 - SS) It is also for sale to make room for the new truck! YES, I DID IT! I take posession of the 2003 Black Silverado SS tomorrow! It is a different truck than the one I mentioned in other posts. This one stickered for a little over 40,000.00 and I bought it for just under 35000.00 It has everything but the XM Radio (I wouldn't sign up for it anyway, I'm a CD nut) and I'm not sure if it has the Onstar or not. It does have the tow package, transmission cooler, high output electrical system, high volume air cleaner, etc...

You know the rest. It will have a OU Oklahoma Tag on it (Go Sooners) and I will pamper the hell out of it. I'll try my luck at posting pics when I get around to it!

Thanks for being such a great bunch of guys, I'll be in touch with you all regularly! Sorry for the book!

SuperDave

But, I always buy black. Don't know why,

I'm sincerely sorry about that SuperDave. We do have a "color challenged" section of this forum if that would help. :D

Seriously, welcome to the site. Congrats on the new SS, too. Great truck. Hope you like it as much as all of us like ours. :thumbs:

But, I always buy black. Don't know why, just do.

Well, you try to steer some people in the right direction (to blue), but some times it's hard to direct the blind. Color blind that is. :jester: Congrats on the deal SuperDave :cheers:

Archived