Whats the scoop on a lightning?

popeye55

I have a guy wanting to run me with a LIghtning. i don't know the year just it has mods..what one i don't know. this is a deal my G/F is cooking up with her friend. i am going to run this truck either way, just wondered what they can do.

i've got all the trans work, radix, tune and so on. haven't been to teh track to se numbers and just got g-tech today. how would we match up? :driving:

if the race is on the street and you have a radix youve won.... not a problem... the deal with our trucks (4.10's and AWD) and the low end of a radix makes us look as if we run 11's to anyone racing on the street... its fabulous.

ive raced this "big shot" lightning on the street with slicks, many many mods & a 100 shot of nitrous... he asked for a 1 and 1/2 car lead because he was complaining that i had all wheel drive... so i gave it to him and said it wouldnt be fair with him having nitrous and what not... oh well, it wasnt for money anyway.... the F'r does an "all american john force burn out" with his slicks... takes his lead... i win by a truck length.

as i said earlier... on the street... youve won... ive beaten things i shouldnt have... simply because it was on the street..... i like to call it "the all wheel drive-antage" (as in advantage) which most people dont know/understand... its a beautiful thing... i can just imagine how people felt back in the day when they had a torque converter on a typhoon or syclone....

AWD fo life!

ive had 03' modded cobras QUIT on me after 60 ft. its hilarious... the track is a diff story

best part about it... a lightning is simply a shopping cart with a blown v-8 strapped to it... mind you we have 20's, heated leather bucket 12 way adjustable seats and room for 5 :crackup:

yeah..you have such a kick A$$ approach..i wanna find this truck. i have no idea what the mods... when a girl says her brother has a truck and wants to race...her def of mods could be anything. guess i'll take my chance with that. i am sure it will be a street race thoough and yeah i was figuring get a good long jump on him and see if he's got enough "ketchup" to beat me. i'll be sure to post the results. :driving:

:inthebag: :crackup: "tell that turd whos boss!"

- if you have people watching from the start line to confirm the iwnner... and it gets close to the finishing mark... tap your brake lights a few times (before him) :crackup: he may think he won, but everyone behind saw the contrary! :crackup: ive seen so many people pull that stunt its hilarious!

you all are like coachs in the corner for a boxer...getting me all fired up!!! 13.9 isn't going get him for, i was mid 14's before the radix! i guess i am not much the Smack talker.. and not much for money either.. i love just like the knowledge. I run my bike at the track alot 9.6's..any way this cat was talking a bunch of smack on hondas and blah blah blah and how fast his suzuki 1300 or "zuk" as he called it. keep in mind i have no problems with what people drive or ride till they get on with mine. then it's on! so this guy blah blah about how fast and how he'd smoke my junk bike. he wanted to race for money and he though i was such a chicken not to. i even knew his 1/4 times which were slower, but he didn't beleive mine. any way i said here's the deal. i'll run ya, you win i'll put how ever big a sticker you want on my bike saying what ever you want about beating me, if i win you put you "My Big 1300 "zuk" got smoked by a little 954 honda"! i fingured it was a creative to racing this guy. he wouldn't got for it. i said i'd even pay for the sticker : :devil: i am sure :D the bike was fast....it just takes a driver to make it!

i had an '01 L with a 100 shot before i bought the SSS. race him now while it's still cold. if you wait till it starts to warm up you may be surprised @ how well they hook up on hot concrete. if he's a good driver (& depending on his mods) he may be able to nail it right off the line with very little wheelspin.

Archived