2007 Tundra

VHO_Tek

I don't hate the appearance, but Toyota screwed up again on the drivetrain. The biggest V8 is only 300hp? WTF

When the big 3 are riding the 400hp line with their latest generation, Toyota falls short again and I'm sure that'll be the cry from all the idiots who buy one...

"I want more power"

I don't hate the appearance, but Toyota screwed up again on the drivetrain. The biggest V8 is only 300hp? WTF

I don't think they released the numbers on the engine yet, or did they? On some tundra sites I've been reading that they are thinking in the 350+ range to compete with what is already out there, but then again you can't really depend on just reading something from one of those guys.........On a side note, the one tundra forum stated that the engine failed at 500 h.p.

The Titan doesn't have 350 horse and it will out run the dodge hemi quite easily, the main thing is drivetrain loss and how much.

I don't think they released the numbers on the engine yet, or did they? On some tundra sites I've been reading that they are thinking in the 350+ range to compete with what is already out there, but then again you can't really depend on just reading something from one of those guys.........On a side note, the one tundra forum stated that the engine failed at 500 h.p.

The Titan doesn't have 350 horse and it will out run the dodge hemi quite easily, the main thing is drivetrain loss and how much.

CHICAGO -- Tired of getting sand kicked in its face by pickups from Ford, General Motors and Dodge, the Toyota Tundra was sent to the gym.

What emerges for the 2007 model year is a bigger, beefier pickup, with styling that takes its cues from the FTX concept truck from 2004.

The 2007 Tundra was unveiled Thursday morning at the Chicago Auto Show.

When it goes on sale about a year from now, here's what buyers will find:

# A bigger truck. The Tundra's wheelbase has been stretched 10 inches to 138.3 inches on the standard cab. The wheelbase on the Double Cab is 150.5 inches. The overall length grows about the same amount, ranging from about 228 to 240 inches.

# A new 5.7-liter V-8 joins the engine lineup. That engine should make 300 hp and be mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. It will join the current engines - a 4.0-liter V-6 that was rated at 236 hp for 2006 and a 4.7-liter V-8 that was rated at 271 hp.

# A new 5.7-liter V-8 joins the engine lineup. That engine should make 300 hp and be mated to a six-speed automatic transmission. It will join the current engines - a 4.0-liter V-6 that was rated at 236 hp for 2006 and a 4.7-liter V-8 that was rated at 271 hp.

# Towing capacity rated at more than 10,000 pounds.

# Three trim levels - base, SR5 and Limited - and three cab configurations, including the Double Cab.

# The options list will include a rearview backup camera and Bluetooth connectivity for cellular telephones.

Toyota will build the redesigned Tundra at plants in Princeton, Ind., and San Antonio.

The press releases from Toyota are saying 300hp give or take... and as far as the titan... if you're gonna use the HEMI as a basis for comparison then its pointless... that is one of the most choked engines to ever roll out of a factory. The Dodge fans have their work cut out in taking their trucks to their full potential.

Archived