new SS owner that lost his baby to thieves

prank_1

Hi everybody i own or owned (until put back together) a 2003 silverado ss when i bought it from my friend it had 24" lexani wheels on it and i drove down to Las Vegas from Seattle, Wa. to drop a friend off and was having a good time until the day i was leaving i went into the mall for 30 minutes and came out and my beautiful truck was gone it was found 2 days later stripped and keyed with dirty baby diapers all in it (what a shame) but anyway my insurance decided to fix it instead of making it a total loss since it wasnt a collision and there is no frame damage so i'm looking into buying some new 24" rims but i don't know what the offset has to be since mine is an all wheel drive i was looking at the asanti AF-115 but i don't know if it will be ok on the truck? If anybody has some advise please give me a reply thank you Ryan

good luck on the rebuilt... hope its as good as it ever was! someone on here should be able to help you out with the wheels... try posting it in the suspension tech threads...

good luck and welcome to the site :thumbs:

• 6 months later...

My question is this...will it have a salvage title? Let's say you have a wreck (I'm not wishing that on you) will you get full value or rebuilt salvage value? That is the only problem I'd have, beyond the fact that some ghetto thug douche bag with bebe's kids drove around shitting in your truck. Good luck

Dave

My question is this...will it have a salvage title? Let's say you have a wreck (I'm not wishing that on you) will you get full value or rebuilt salvage value? That is the only problem I'd have...

I believe some insurance co.'s will "total" the vehicle if it is stolen, but i'm not 100% on that. :dunno:

My question is this...will it have a salvage title?

Dave

I believe some insurance co.'s will "total" the vehicle if it is stolen, but i'm not 100% on that. :dunno:

If the insurance company is opting to fix it then will NOT have a salvage/branded title...

it will however show a theft & recovery in Aug'06 on the carfax report...

thats only if the insurance company and repairing shop both do there job and file the reports as they should. Sometimes it doesn't make it through... :thumbs:

Best of luck with getting it back to better than it was! :cheers:

~Brian

Archived