Nice Valentine's Present

WidowKiss

That's  :icon_bs:  They are going to total that baby  :wtf:  Looks like SR 31 where you were at ?  :shakehead:   :puke:  Time for a Black Trailblazer SS if they do.

I doubt they total it (like everyone has posted I was guessing if they replace engine then 9 or 10k but if not [frame and engine check out ok] then 6k) ...and yes that's 31. You are correct... I'm eyeing the Trailblazer SS and the possibilities of it.

All of you that have posted and future posters... Thank You for the support and concern.

Like I said...the knot on my head and the continuing headache as well as bruised pride are the only negatives. I am happy I will see some stuff fixed too like the passenger door and maybe a new front diff.

I'm not sure if you remember my picture post of my truck a few weeks ago after someone backed into me... that lil bit of damage is up to 2300.00 right now. Whatever you do don't take it to the dealer I took mine too. Ive been waiting on a bumper now for 10 days. Apparenlty no one has a factory bumper for an 03 SSS????? I don't get it. Good luck with what you find out. Thank god your ok. I'm not sure if your into them or not... but I just checked out an 07 Tahoe LTZ. It was SWEET!!!

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow! That really sucks. Glad to hear you only got banged up. Looks like it could have been much worse. US31 is always congested. Where at on 31? Looks like the hospital in that first pic in the background :dunno:

I agree with MisterP that you may be OK on the frame damage, just have to hope there's not a lot of hidden damage. My SWAG would be 6-7K

Valentine's Day and a full moon :mad::eek::crazy:

Wow! That really sucks. Glad to hear you only got banged up. Looks like it could have been much worse. US31 is always congested. Where at on 31? Looks like the hospital in that first pic in the background  :dunno:

I agree with MisterP that you may be OK on the frame damage, just have to hope there's not a lot of hidden damage. My SWAG would be 6-7K

Valentine's Day and a full moon  :mad:  :eek:  :crazy:

It's Howard Community Hospital ... it's just south of the Delphi and Chrysler plants off of Lincoln Rd....I was almost to Southway Blvd where Ruby Tuesday and Applesbees are.

Update to follow tomorrow when I talk to insurance adjuster and get an estimate...I bet money they quote and then leave it open so when they get into it they find more...here's hoping for a new front diff and trans cause it was starting to get nasty growl and slippage.

hey widow, if they quote you for the whole new front bumper plus both the brake vents thingy's, i am in the market for a front left one.  just a heads up if they decide to replace both.  Best of Luck man :cheers:

yeah I saw your post about that....I am gonna ask the guys that'll be doing the work to save what he can for the community here for parts...and when he replaces the passenger door to make sure he takes the wiring and the infinity speaker out of the old door

sorry to hear about this i hope it all works out good for ya. So who is getting the blame for this??? Ive always heard its the person in the rear no matter what. I hope thats not true as you where obviously not to blame. GOOD LUCK!

sorry to hear about this i hope it all works out good for ya.  So who is getting the blame for this???  Ive always heard its the person in the rear no matter what.  I hope thats not true as you where obviously not to blame. GOOD LUCK!

Well according to the police report I'm to blame for everyone (domino effect). However, the two blazers were already into each other. You can see from the Jeep, she isn't into him very much (I wish I would've got another shot from the other side of her cause she was barely into the grill).

When she cut off my dive to the shoulder I caught her back left bumper and swung her around and barely into the blazer which was already under the other one.

The cop when he first got there walked up to everyone and asked if we were ok...then asked me if I had been drinking. He then proceeded to sit in his car for almost an hour filling out the report...he didn't take photos or anything. His report is so backwards...he almost had us going north bound instead of south bound at first but he scribbled it out. Orientation of the vehicles weren't right either as well as the damage report for each vhicle....he only got the front Blazers right.....he has mine front left and middle only. :crackup:

The cop was a joke...I know a few in the dept. and they cringed when I told them who it was that was there.

Man I was kind of afraid of this, that you would get the blame because you were the end vehicle, but I can't possibly see how just by the collision damage that shows there. Time for an attorney??

Mr. P.

Let me guess ... failure to maintain proper lookout? or this one failure to maintain a safe distance?

Gawd I hate these type of situations ... just so much hassle for a situation you have to prove wasn't your fault. Sounds like you have a tough ( read aggrevating ) road ahead of you.

Hopefully you can prove the swoop and squat theory. Good Luck! :cheers:

Let me guess ... failure to maintain proper lookout?  or this one failure to maintain a safe distance?

Gawd I hate these type of situations ... just so much hassle for a situation you have to prove wasn't your fault.  Sounds like you have a tough ( read aggrevating ) road ahead of you. 

Hopefully you can prove the swoop and squat theory.  Good Luck!  :cheers:

maintaining a safe distance...I just got off the phone after a hour long convo with my insurance co. nothing beats a recorded convo (sounds like someone else they talked to had a differnet story...picts don't lie though)

Let me guess ... failure to maintain proper lookout?  or this one failure to maintain a safe distance?

Gawd I hate these type of situations ... just so much hassle for a situation you have to prove wasn't your fault.  Sounds like you have a tough ( read aggrevating ) road ahead of you. 

Hopefully you can prove the swoop and squat theory.  Good Luck!  :cheers:

maintaining a safe distance...I just got off the phone after a hour long convo with my insurance co. nothing beats a recorded convo (sounds like someone else they talked to had a differnet story...picts don't lie though)

whats the deal on this so far? insurance companies can be a PITA. have you showed them the pics yet?

whats the deal on this so far? insurance companies can be a PITA. have you showed them the pics yet?

The pictures were sent during the convo. No word back other then the adjuster from the Total Loss Dept. called yesterday after stopping by the dealer to look at truck. He turned over the claim and work to them and let them start running on the repairs. I'm calling on Monday to see when the ETA will be (they quoted 10 days [2 weeks] when they first looked at it). I'm also gonna see if they have a loaner I can use cause I'm tired of driving the '02 1500HD and my mom won't trade me for her DTS. :nonod:

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

I should've had my truck on Friday but they realized that they ordered the incorrect size glass for the windshield so I had to wait until today.

Today passes and I call mid-afternoon to se if it's done yet. They were getting ready to test drive to check everything out.

I get a call about 5 minutes later and I am informed that upon leaving the lot I threw a check engine light and died (no restart). So they tow it back in and they check it out...thottle body is busted. Luckily they had one in stock and they are finishing it up tomorrow and testing it out.

I will post pics tomorrow IF I get it back.

As for Fox_Forma, I don;t know if they have the vent or not...three guys worked on my truck and I taled to one guy and told him but I went by after hours tonight to see if they actually had it in service or the guy just wanted to drive it home (he seemed like the type that would BS someone). The pile of parts and twisted metal was gone so I'm gonna call in the morning and see what I can do.

Archived