Nice Valentine's Present

WidowKiss

:cry: i feel for ya man! that sucks! I would be so upset, but i guess its just a truck, right? Those things can be fixed or in your case, replaced. My guess the amount to fix would be around $6,000 if you don't have to replace the engine; $9000 w/ engine.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn dude that sux I know how ya feel! I wrecked the VHO right after I got it the only thing I didn't damage that you did was the hood radiator and left fender,and windshield. My estiamte was up around $3000 so i'd say your looking at around $6000 atleast.

Accidents suck, i would be hella pissed to, But i could be my friend who he and i managed to roll his moms $50,000 BMW X5. And we just got our G6 back the other day from the body shop from being rear ended. Hope it works out. Im lookin @ a Navigator to trade, always have loved em.

i'll go 9-12k

depending on what they find, after all the sheet metal is removed...

frame, cross member, motor, trans, fire wall, cab, the list could go on.

good luck, be glad that your still looking at the green side of the grass :thumbs:

:seeya:

That's  :icon_bs:  They are going to total that baby  :wtf:  Looks like SR 31 where you were at ?  :shakehead:  :puke:  Time for a Black Trailblazer SS if they do.

I doubt they total it (like everyone has posted I was guessing if they replace engine then 9 or 10k but if not [frame and engine check out ok] then 6k) ...and yes that's 31. You are correct... I'm eyeing the Trailblazer SS and the possibilities of it.

All of you that have posted and future posters... Thank You for the support and concern.

Like I said...the knot on my head and the continuing headache as well as bruised pride are the only negatives. I am happy I will see some stuff fixed too like the passenger door and maybe a new front diff.

glad your alright... you wouldnt have been if you were driving say... a Geo Metro??? i guess thats the positive note :dunno: anywho... what sucks the most is there was nothing you could do aboot it... its just one of those things where it (you) could have been anyone... ya know? I hope everything turns for the better... for you...

good luck with that...

... and good thing was the air bag didn't deploy.

Oh man that's terrible news - glad that you did not contact harder and get seriously hurt. From the last pic it looks like the force of collision went *over* the top of the bumper i.e. over the frame; that's why your hood got peeled back like a tin can. Frame is probably just fine, you will need a whole new front clip, plus firewall/pass door work, along with whatever top-end engine damage is discovered. It looks hideous but unless the front frame-horn got bent downward I'd say it's pretty far from totaled; even if they replace the frame it will still be well under write-off. I had a '99 Expedition that the wife wrecked in a similar fashion, the dealer replaced the frame and it was $100 under a total and we were without the rig for 10 weeks, so hope the frame is still straight.

Mr. P.

I agree with Donny......31 can be dangerous.....good thing you are OK, but it huts to see a beautiful truck trashed like that....

At least the rearview mirror adhesive did it's job...they are meant to break off at a certain point.....some of the old ones don't do that like they are supposed to.

Archived