Ugly truck of the month

VHO_Tek

Raider

Ok those pesky imports are just trying to make me hurl. Best quote: The tester was equipped with one of Mitsubishi's bragging points - a 230-horsepower, 4.7-liter V-8 engine, touted as the only one of its kind in an imported midsize pickup.

The V-8 was a bit of a noisy growler, but it backed up that brag with spirited performance in the foothills and on the flatlands.

:crackup: 230hp spirited performance :crackup:

Some of you know that the dealer I work for sells Mitsubishis, Pontiacs, Chevys, and Buicks for that matter but anyway... Here's my take on the new Raiders based off actual expirence with them and also working at a Dodge dealer for a short time. I came back to my senses quickly :D The Dakota is a pretty decent selling midsize truck in a field of compacts. The lower end models especialy sell well, once you get into the Larmies you're spending 30k and lets be honest at that money your buying full size. So Mitsubishi takes that truck throws some different sheet metal on it and sells it themselves. Yes the warranty is better 5/60 bumper to bumper although Mitsu didn't put their normal 10/100 powertrain warranty on it. Probably a pretty smart move I wouldn't want to warranty a dodge powertrain that long either :jester: So where do they end up?? They have the same truck at a similar price with a better warranty. Seems like a pretty good idea to me. I don't think it looks any worse than the Dakota does, but then again I think the new body Dakotas are ugly anyway. We've done ok with them so far.

with a V8 you would think it would have more than 230 HP. Might as well put a V6 in it and call it a day LOL :crackup: Weak by todays standards, but I'm sure Motor Trend will give it an award just like they did with Honda :yellow_loser:

yeah but it's putting down 290lb-ft of torque @3600rpms, that's pretty respectful in that class. It was in that truck of the year comp with the honda and lost.

Archived