Saleen F-150

oscareltemblo

pretty nice truck, but not worth the money. Time it hits the lots I bet it's close to $50K. If I want to go fast for that much $$$ I would just get a new vette. I still find leftover 2005 models that are going for $45K pretty much loaded. GM needs to put the new Z06 engine in an SS :eek: . 505HP before adding a SC would be nice. Doubt it will ever happen. GM has no balls :banghead:

...GM needs to put the new Z06 engine in an SS :eek: . 505HP before adding a SC would be nice. Doubt it will ever happen. GM has no balls :banghead:

I dunno, I'm holding out a little more optimism. I think that automakers are being driven more by political and sales pressures than anything else i.e. mileage and emissions. I am hoping that when they get all the bugs worked out of the Displacement On Demand stuff we will begin to see large displacement engines again, because they can shut them down to 4cyl during idle and cruise for optimum emissions.

Mr. P. :)

edit - as much as I love performance, let's not forget the fact that if *every* vehicle in America got just 2-3 mpg better average mileage we would not have to import foreign oil. DOD just might do that, and it will be interesting to see world politics change at the hands of a significant technical achievement. Just my 2-cents.

Yeah the supercharged version in the high $40k range so lets just say $50k then once the dealer marks it up $15k or so, your looking at a $65-70k truck.

It's nice but not that nice.

:withstupid: I dunno if they'll be marked up THAT much, but they will be quite pricey. Even the Saleen mustangs are WAY overpriced for what you're getting. A lot of times it's a wheel/tire package with badging for $7-8K.. Yeah.. let me jump on that! :crackup:

That is a great looking truck though! :thumbs:

The supercharged Saleen F-150 vs a Radix supercharged SS would be an interesting race. Looks like the Saleen had gobs of torque, but a bit less HP and probably better handling. But it weighs more...

I wonder why they didn't do the reg cab?

It looks pretty good and all, but there's no way it could hang with one of those OCC crew cabs! All those OCC graphics and badges have to make it faster, right?  :D  :D

Yeah they're the 'sick-est' :lol:

Mr. P.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived