Saleen F-150

oscareltemblo

In recognizing the trend of consumers wanting more choices, the Saleen Sport Truck will be offered as a normally aspirated, 3-Valve Sport Truck, which offers 325 bhp @ 5000 RPM, and with 400 lb-ft of torque at 4000 RPM.

More choices :icon_bs: yeah I sure wish I could have bought a slower truck, I tell you what would be sweet is if I could buy a SSS with a v6 in it. :dupe: gimmie a break

:thumbs: I agree, that is a sharp truck and yes it is really nice to finally see the SVO concept delivered albeit through 3rd party. I think the Saleen truck is going to take a close backseat to the SS and VHO performace-per-dollar-wise, it's 100-lbs heavier than the SS and the mod motor NA only makes 325hp and the SC version makes its power only at 5200-RPM; but it will certainly have a lot of aftermarket performance potential. I wonder what the handling package will be like. I'm glad they decided to make it.

Mr. P. :)

:thumbs:  but it will certainly have a lot of aftermarket performance potential. 

Mr. P. :)

There is the Problem, because this is a SALEEN and not a SVT. Mods on top of what is provided is really frowned upon. Steve Saleen will void all warranties for even a simple pulley add on. Not all dealers can get saleens and when they go back for warranty saleen send someone out to over see the issues. That is what I was told, I have never owned one, but that truck makes it temting. I would really like to see a picture with one of the other colors offered though.

There is the Problem, because this is a SALEEN and not a SVT. Mods on top of what is provided is really frowned upon. Steve Saleen will void all warranties for even a simple pulley add on. Not all dealers can get saleens and when they go back for warranty saleen send someone out to over see the issues. That is what I was told, I have never owned one, but that truck makes it temting. I would really like to see a picture with one of the other colors offered though.

Hmmmm suppose you're right; I should have said the mod motor has good aftermarket performance potential! But the same consumer protection laws should apply in warranty situations, just that with the Saleen crew it would be harder to sneek a mod by them like we've been able to do on occasion.

Mr. P.

Archived