reduced power mode?

CraigW

I had driven to upper Wisconsin for a snowmobile race I drove through a snowstorm to get there and then it got really cold -25 degrees F in the morning I went out to start the SS and it was start slowly but started. Then I see the check engine light come on and the info center said reduced power. I let it run for 25 minutes to warm up and it ran fine. I reset the code with a programmer and everthing is just as before. I just never heard of this and was wondering if anyone else had this code come up.

yup had that a couple times...when i got the STS and no tune the engine would shut down (reduce power) because it thought the extra kick was harmful to it. It kinda sucked cause i couldnt go more than 1/2 throttle until i got semi tuned....its gone for now but ill be getting a mafless tune in a couple days :devil: finally...

... it got really cold -25 degrees F in the morning...

Damn, *that's* cold!

Mr. P. :)

You don't know cold until you've ridden a snowmobile across one of the SALT water Great Lakes at -80!!! :eek: Takes quite a bit for one of those salt lakes to freeze over... That was a cold day of riding, let me tell you... cold enough that the peppermint shnaps had turned into an almost solid gel in my tank bag and it wouldn't pour out... Of course, that trip had plenty of stops to *warm up* at the trail-side bars... :cheers:

Are you talking wind chill here (-80) only a couple places on earth that get to -80 degrees. Coldest I had in Wisconsin is -36 no windchill and -60 with windchill and that was standing still, riding snowmobile was another thing.

I agree with those saying it probably kicked in to make sure you babied the truck til it warmed up...

It'll also come on if the expected max airflow is exceeded for a specific rpm/throttle percentage. Scared the ish out of me when I put the pedal down while tuning for the radix and the thing just shut down on me. :eek:

I drive my sss all winter and never had that happen and although i have a block heater i have never used it . and up here it gets to -40 celsius for weeks at a time i have never had a problem starting it and never had that code come up . i do have a remote starter but why would it matter if i start it or if it does same temp outside . probably a missfire or some mosture put it in limp mode

Are you talking wind chill here (-80) only a couple places on earth that get to -80 degrees.  Coldest I had in Wisconsin is -36 no windchill and  -60 with windchill and that was standing still, riding snowmobile was another thing.

Yes, windchill. The regular temp was a balmy -40... :eek:

did you check to see what the code was that caused this? that would help alot in figuring out what happened. i don't know why you'd have cleared it though, the pcm will do that for you if the problem has went away. :dunno:

Damn, *that's* cold!

You don't know cold until you've ridden a snowmobile across one of the SALT water Great Lakes at -80!!! :eek: Takes quite a bit for one of those salt lakes to freeze over... That was a cold day of riding, let me tell you... cold enough that the peppermint shnaps had turned into an almost solid gel in my tank bag and it wouldn't pour out... Of course, that trip had plenty of stops to *warm up* at the trail-side bars... :cheers:

Where are these SALT water Great Lakes? The Great Lakes I know are all fresh water.

Damn, *that's* cold!

Where are these SALT water Great Lakes? The Great Lakes I know are all fresh water.

i didn't think they froze either but i could be wrong. I know what you mean about going across the lake beds at 80-120. cooooooolddd wind.

Archived