SS vs Dodge Hemi In Motor Trend

BlkStSS

112_0310_cover_pl.jpg

I was in the Book Store today and spotted that Motor Trend had this test. It is not available on line yet, but to synopsize; The SS wins the tests.

Motor Trend Table of Contents

0-60 - Chevy 6.6, Dodge 6.8

¼ Mile - Chevy 14.99 @ 89.05, Dodge 15.11 @ 89.06,

Braking 60-0 - Chevy 119’, Dodge 132’

200 ft Skidpad Lateral G - Chevy 0.77, Dodge 0.80

Curb Weight – Chevy 5300, Dodge 4800

Price – Chevy $40,010, Dodge $27,820

Motor Trend felt the Dodge wins the comparison. It is a short bed, regular cab 2WD. They liked the handling and the interior of the Dodge, and called the test for the Dodge on Value.

I thought it was a well matched test because they Correctly identified the competition, left the Ford out because the of the model change. They felt the AWD of the Chevy “adds points if you live in the Snowbelt.”

(IMO, The Dodge interior looks like it came from a minivan. :jester: )

Doh, my subscription ran out. Gotta renew that.

Sounds like they took two of the three trucks from the truck trend article a month or so back.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.ph...wtopic=1197&hl=

Thanks for the numbers, I couldn't remember how much it beat it by.

They should have included a 5.3L Reg Cab Short Bed 2WD Silverado to make it a perfect test. Or maybe a GMC to keep the brand mix.

Kudos to the SS. My bet is that the 5.3L Silverado would have beat the Dodge too.

Here's to Chevy Horsepower :cheers:

The SS wins the tests

I got my issue about five days ago. Unfortunately, that "SS wins" does not tell the whole story. Yes, it did win the speed and brake tests but the reviewers did not speak very highly of our rides. Frumpy interior design to name one. Kind of frustrating to continually read less than stealer reviews of our SS.

EDIT: does NOT tell the whole story

Archived