Hey SoCal...Super Chevy Show at Pomona Raceway

RacerJJ

RacerJJ is correct. I will be there racing my car, that I will tow there with my VHO. Like RacerJJ, I also will be racing in 2-categories. You get twice as many runs that way (as you will see below). It cost a little more money to race 2-categories, but WTF, this event is only once a year.

04CHASE, when you pay to race, it includes your time trials and your bracket racing. I go on Thursday for early registration and tech. Then Friday I usually get 2-time trials per category = 4-runs. Then Saturday before noon I get 1-time trial per category = 2-runs. Then Saturday after noon time trials are complete and the bracket race (eliminations) begin. Everyone gets 1-elimination round per category = 2-runs. Half of the racers lose first round Saturday, but they do allow first round buybacks. Then Sunday everyone who won on Saturday, plus those who lost on Saturday and took advantage of the first round buyback, continue the elimination rounds until it is done. The final 16 cars (I think it is 16 cars) in each category get a check $$$$$$$$$. So to go just for time trials would not be recommended.

There is plenty of time between rounds to check out all of the cars in the car show as well. I know that people race and show, but I am not sure how that all works, because I do not do the show thing (my stuff ain't nice enough).

Yall got 2-weeks to get ready, so GIT-R-DONE !!!!!

well i have all of my parts , now i need to get them installed.

one question though, before you begin bracket racing you have to have a time to aim for coorrect? because if everything goes right and i do make it there i have no idea what kind of times i will be running.

one question though, before you begin bracket racing you have to have a time to aim for coorrect? because if everything goes right and i do make it there i have no idea what kind of times i will be running.

You probably know most of this already. The time trials are trial runs to figure out what time you are running. Then before eliminations begin you put that time on your windows. That will be your dial-in for the elimination rounds. If you go even .001 quicker than your dial-in you you break-out and lose. Racers usually put a dial-in on their windows that is a little quicker than you think you are going to run, so that you don't break-out. You can change you dial-in right before each round of eliminations.

A helmet is required in all vehicles that run 13.99 and quicker. The helmet must meet "Snell 95 Standard" or better and must have a Snell label inside the helmet. Just D.O.T. Approved is not good enough.

As for all of those new parts, don't start putting them on until April 3rd. That way you make it to the race and run consistent like you always do. I know, how boring. But not as boring as it would be with that nice truck of yours sitting at home not quite ready.

Hmmmm, old people :crazy:

How's it comin' ? :chevy:

:devil:

I will be heading out to Phoenix to race Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I will check back with you on Monday, maybe then you will have some more news for me.

Good luck :thumbs:

Important!!!!!

As RacerJJ has stated above, the event is 3/31-4/2,Which is Friday-Sunday.

In the past, these events have been Thurday-Sunday, but not this time.

Click HERE to see the schedule.

If you are planning on racing, I would recommend going Friday morning and getting registered and teched, so when you come Saturday morning you are all ready and can start racing.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived