Group buy

bad ss

This is the final thread on the group buy. Talked to Kevin today and this is what we came up with. We need at least 8 people to buy the lowering kit. the reason for this is that it will save on 1 shipping charge. If we have 8 kits sold than Ground Force will not charge anything to ship them to me. The only shipping charge will be me sending the kits to everyone that buys one. Ground Force is not a retail store so they do not take orders by phone and do not ship individual boxes out. He will be sending me all the kits at once and than from there i will ship them out to everyone, but we have to have 8-10 kits. He is doing us a favor because you will all get them sooner than having to wait to get them somewhere else. The price is $376 plus 30 shipping. If anyone is interested email me and i will give you my address where to send your money order. I will only send him money orders because i dont want to be responsible for bad checks or anything like that.

email-- [email protected]

If we dont get 8 kits sold I will refund your money.

Bad SS,

The rear end modification, I had a few questions. If you can't help me maybe you can point me in the right direction. The rear end modification that comes with the kit, is that simply raising the front leaf spring mount location by drilling out the rivits in the frame. Was kind of hoping that that is what the kit included. Any help would be appreciated.

:seeya:

Bad SS-are we going to see any pictures of your truck? Also, is the rear end modification something we can do ourselves at home?

I think it is, thats why he posted that he couldn't really say untill the GP was over. :cry:

I would like to know too, it's suppose to lighten up the back in a little.

(I'm guessing at some type of spring flipping, or mod)

Bad SS,

CAN you say if it is something that we can do ourselves or will we have to have professional installation of the kit. I really would like pictures before I decide on the group buy. As far as the rear end modification, I want to know what I'm going to be doing to my truck before I buy anything. I would like to be able to return it to stock if I had to. Bad SS, I know you have done a lot of work for us all with tis group buy and I really appreciate that a lot. You have helped us all out a lot by answering all our questions. I know I was one of the first ones to say I would be in for a group buy but without knowing what is beiing done to my truck I'm going to have to pass. I f you could tell me that it's something I could do myself or with a friend(we are both mechanically inclined) I may change my mind. :sigh:

The installation of the kit is not complicated at all. the rear end modification is pretty straight forward. if you have any mechanical abilities it is not hard. just waiting for nice weather and i will have some pictures. I dont mean to sound like an ass when i say that i cant tell you what the mod for the rear is but i told Ground Force that i wouldnt. they worked on my truck for 3 weeks and they dont want to give it away to the competition. If you look around Ground Force is the only company with a kit for the SS, it would be pretty simple for me to tell you what they did to my rear but you never know who is listening. I highly recomend the lowering kit.

Bad SS,

Thanks for the reply, that's what I was looking for. However, with Summit offering it for $365.84 shipped I am still going to have to pass on the group buy. I'm sorry I said I would participate and now I'm not getting one from you(now I sound like an ass). I have to go with the cheaper price though even if I have to wait a little bit for the kit. This is because I think I want to get a westers PCM. Thanks again for all of your help though.

Chris

There is not enough interest on the group buy for the lowering kit. Thanks to the people that said that they would participate, but I told Ground Force that I would let them know this week. We gave everyone a chance to get the kit at a reasonable price but now everyone is on their own. I think that once people start pricing them from Summit, Stylin Concepts or whomever they will see that they could of saved some money going direct from Ground Force.

I called Summit and got a confirmed price of $365 shipped to my door. While it may take a little longer I think it's a better price than we were going to get isn't it?

Rico, send me an E-Mail. I want to help you install it. What do you think?

Archived