My SS versus a BMW M5

MN C5

• 3 months later...
Boy thats a nice looking setup.  You should fab up a ram air for that thing .  Whats the run down on your set up?  Boost, motor, size blower, pulley

Anyway nice looking truck :thumbs:

I love that hockey clip... damn thing cracks me up. Tuff guy on his Arse lol

I'm running 10lbs of boost right now dialing in the tune. Its a GT42 turbo with a 82mm exducer. That car was pretty darn fast though... Bet he's wondering if somethings wrong with his car lol Getting beat by a big pickup

Hey, I used to own a SS now I drive a M5, You should race my M5 sometime, I'm down is shakopee. It would be cool to see your truck run that fast.

Boy thats a nice looking setup.  You should fab up a ram air for that thing .  Whats the run down on your set up?  Boost, motor, size blower, pulley

I'm running 10lbs of boost right now dialing in the tune. Its a GT42 turbo with a 82mm exducer. That car was pretty darn fast though... Bet he's wondering if somethings wrong with his car lol Getting beat by a big pickup

Hey, I used to own a SS now I drive a M5, You should race my M5 sometime, I'm down is shakopee. It would be cool to see your truck run that fast.

DO IT! with a camera! :thumbs:

I just drove an '06 M5 on Sunday. It has a power button which turns it up to 500hp and paddle shifts which change gears quicker than anything I've ever seen. Bone stock it was chirping 3rd and had some serious pinned-to-your-seat torque through the whole powerband.

Apparently a turbo'd 408 will take one down off the line, going straight but there's prolly only a handful of trucks in the US that can even do that. Get into the twists with that M5 and it'll spin a truck.

Keep your eyes open for that guy. He's gotta be wanting another shot at you! :jester:

DO IT! with a camera! :thumbs:

I'll be glad to film it. If I lose or win it will still feel good to race an SS.

My old SS and my Joe gibbs

I'd have been happy to run your M5 :devil: but he SSS is in the shop having a stock motor installed. Turbo and piping came out a few weeks ago. I've had it for 3 years, which is the longest I've kept one. So its going up for sale after the boost gauge and other goodies come out... Not sure what project I want to do next... GM really doesn't have anything other than the C6 I like. I'll probably wait till fall to pick up a C6.. So for now I picked up a 05 Buick Rainier at the auction with a 5.3. I'm trying to decide on a Radix for the 5.3 or a 427NA or a Paxton.

FWIW the turbo was a pain in the ass! Wouldn't do it again either. Lag is a drag :ughdance: Mine didn't have much lag but I'd rather jump out in front than have to wait for full boost and then reel them in. At 15lbs boost the truck was running 11.3-5's on the GTech.

GM looks like they may have some interesting stuff coming out this fall....

A Buick Rainer would make for one very impressive street sleeper. A 402 at 10.0:1 compression with a current Radix or the 122 when that comes out would make for a killer 11 second ride with a drive mom to the store look. Yours is awd also if I'm correct?

Yep it's AWD.. I'd like to get the 122 and can't figure out why it isn't out yet. They already make the case and rotors don't they. Just the bolt up offsets and intake tract to figure out unless its a entirely new case.

Archived