Drop ???'s

SCIV

if your ever bored could you measure the distance between your axle and frame, not counting any bumpstops or anything.

I did that long ago. It's right at 2". Just keep in mind the VHO and SS are going to have stiffer springs than the regular silverado.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry guys, stock shocks r not the way 2 go on a lowered truck. The valving is totaly different when u lower it!!! As it stands now u already have ur stock GM shocks on ur lowered truck in a "preloaded"condition. Nitro, Dueschtech, and Toxic r sum names u need 2 check into fellow truckers. Ur truck will think u 4 it, and it will ride BETTER. Plus GM stock shocks suck after approx. 30K anyway, they r cheep and on there only 2 get the truck by through its factory warranty period....

Just do it. We all put sum good money down on these trucks, if u don't want/can't afford 2 protect ur investment u should've bought a reg cab V-6 "entry level" truck instead....

Don't b offended guys. "This messsage was only intended 4 informational purposes, and does not represent the entire opionon(s) of the SS Silverado e-community"....LOL!!

:ughdance:

Sorry guys, stock shocks r not the way 2 go on a lowered truck. The valving is totaly different when u lower it!!! As it stands now u already have ur stock GM shocks on ur lowered truck in a "preloaded"condition. Nitro, Dueschtech, and Toxic r sum names u need 2 check into fellow truckers. Ur truck will think u 4 it, and it will ride BETTER. Plus GM stock shocks suck after approx. 30K anyway, they r cheep and on there only 2 get the truck by through its factory warranty period....

Just do it. We all put sum good money down on these trucks, if u don't want/can't afford 2 protect ur investment u should've bought a reg cab V-6 "entry level" truck instead....

Don't b offended guys. "This messsage was only intended 4 informational purposes, and does not represent the entire opionon(s) of the SS Silverado e-community"....LOL!! 

:ughdance:

Umm ok I see nothing wrong with the stock shocks it rides perfect IMO! How far are you dropped?

ZERO (0) on my new VHO.  :confused:

2" and 4" on my last Seirra... A 2001 Ext'd cab SWB 4X2.

Why? Whats up?  :confused:

Then I don't understand where you come off posting something like this :dunno::confused:

Drop your truck 4" and you will see it will ride 10 times better than it does now. :smash:

• 1 year later...
Here it is at stock height.

772146_82_full.jpg

I know this is a old post but can you tell me when you did your 2/4 at any time did you have your stock VHO rims and tires on it and if so did it rub

thanks

Archived