muffler loudness

trialsman

I am trying to decide on an aftermarket muffler for my '06. I want a little tone but not too much. Which one is the quietest yet with a little tone? Corsa touring, magnaflow, pro-flow, 3 chamber flowmaster, what?

Your experience would be appreciated. Thanks

I can tell you if you want quiet Flowmaster isnt going to be right for you.

Consider the "old-man" Flowmaster (80-series?), it's quieter than a Corsa Touring. But there might be others at the same volume which perform better :dunno:

Mr. P.

Old man hu....................and you said it sounded good :yellow_loser: I love the 80 series :driving:

Old man hu....................and you said it sounded good  :yellow_loser:  I love the 80 series  :driving:
HEY now, I didn't say *you* were an old man, I said you had the "Old Man Flowmaster" - and yes it sounds good, especially from about 25-ft back :D:thumbs:

Old man hu....................and you said it sounded good  :yellow_loser:  I love the 80 series  :driving:
HEY now, I didn't say *you* were an old man, I said you had the "Old Man Flowmaster" - and yes it sounds good, especially from about 25-ft back :D:thumbs:

LOL :crackup: did you do the shim thing for the Vib?

I don't give the dB rating too much credit. I have actually tested different exhaust on a SPL meter (TermLab) and it was what I expected. I put a R1 bike with a D&D pipe within 2 feet of the mic and let her rip to about 11k. It hit a 118db. I then put the mic 2 feet away from the pipe of a 40 series flowmaster on a 5.3L chevy. It hit a 114dB. Now the bike was crazy loud and the truck was mild in my opinion. The difference was frequency.

Like you stated it is a subjective thing but you will have to incorporate cab drone and frequency if you want to compare dB's.

I for one love the sound of dual 40 series Flowmasters with headders :cheers: A little loud but obviously a head turner.

Archived