Cheapest mod

56chevywagon

QUOTE (56chevywagon @ Sep 14 2003, 08:45 PM)

Well, I removed Will Robinsons B-9 robot's arm. It seemed to have lost any gains after first installing it. The only thing I could think of is that the computer relearned the airflow and readjusted. I don't know, but I'm back to stock. No more redneck improvising... 

You sure you didn't just get accustomed to whatever gains you did get?

Danger will Robinson, danger! I thought the same thing when I installed headers, that’s why I have a fiancé’ to assure me it is still the same and hasn’t gotten slower… :D

Well, I removed Will Robinsons B-9 robot's arm. It seemed to have lost any gains after first installing it. The only thing I could think of is that the computer relearned the airflow and readjusted. I don't know, but I'm back to stock. No more redneck improvising... :D

You sure you didn't just get accustomed to whatever gains you did get?

Quite possibly :confused: , I may put it back on before the 27th for the SW get together just to see if maybe it'll shave a .01 or so, doubt it though. Good point though, I started thinking about that but decided to remove it before the fan shoud wore a hole in it.. :cheers:

Mine feels slightly more responsive since giving it more cooler air (if that's possible in Phx in the summer). "Cooler" being VERY subjective here. I was wondering just the opposite. If it really was more responsive or it was just me "thinking" it was because that's what I wanted.

Who knows????????

• 2 weeks later...

I just installed a 4" piece of Aircraft Scat tubing. It is a rubberized fiber tube with a spring running around it. It installed very easy, and I got it for free. I also put down a bead of Clear Caulk on the Water hose, the spot where it hits the Fan Shrould, and the Coolant hose. No other mods, still Stock filter, may go with a K&N but not sure.

Not sure if I gained anything, you can hear more air on the intake side when I get on the Gas.

What do you guys think?

scat.jpg

Mark

Hard to say, Mark. I think I feel a small improvement with the additional air. And, you know what, sometimes just thinking you see improvement is good enough if it didn't cost anything to try and no harm is done. ;) ..... :thumbs:

I just installed a 4" piece of Aircraft Scat tubing. It is a rubberized fiber tube with a spring running around it. It installed very easy, and I got it for free. I also put down a bead of Clear Caulk on the Water hose, the spot where it hits the Fan Shrould, and the Coolant hose. No other mods, still Stock filter, may go with a K&N but not sure.

Not sure if I gained anything, you can hear more air on the intake side when I get on the Gas.

What do you guys think?

scat.jpg

Mark

I like the price and the color. :cool:

Archived