SSS getting hard to find?

stevebbb

My GM card sent me a deal the other day, they would change my $1600 credit balance to $3000 if I buy a new GM car or truck by March 31. So, I go out to my local dealer and asked about trading my 2004 for a red 2006 SS truck. He checks the computer and said the nearest one was in Kansas City, I live in So. East Iowa. He also said all he could find were 3 new ones in the state, 2 black and 1 silver. He said they have sales meetings every morning and talk about cars and trucks people are asking about and they are getting 1 or 2 calls a week about new or used SS trucks. I found this pretty interesting. I have also noticed on the site lately, people wanting SS trucks. (of course most want to steal them). I'm just repeating what I was told, but I did look on GM buypower and couldn't find any red trucks near me. Sorry for the long post. :D

the scare population of these trucks is what makes them so unique.I saw stop building them so they get some value instead of losing it. that wont happen for another 20 years!

Theres more trucks on the road here than cars...I sure dont see another SSS every day---more like one or two a week. Theres a blue one and a black one sort of close to where I live, and I met a guy at the car wash about 6 weeks ago who just bought a silver 05.

yea i live in a big county and theres maybe 3-5 ss including mine

There's one each of the original colors in my town. Blue(me), black(owned by the possible owner of the LIne-X place here), and a red(owned by a guy a couple doors down from some friends.) Those are the only 3 I've ever seen in person. :chevy:

Archived