Cool site~Looking forward to meeting you!

FAT GiRL

Hi SS people!

Thanks for the cool and informative site. I saw a guy wearing a shirt with this URL on it at the GM Auto Show in Motion show last winter. So I just remembered in today (!) and here I am. I am getting old and can't remember stuff so well anymore I guess.

I bought my black 03 in Aug 2003. It's loaded except the engine block heater and the air conditioning is not the digital style.

I have 58k miles and it's a daily driver and work truck for me. Mainly highway miles. I put a nice tonneau and bed rug on it and the K&N filter and that's the only mods.

My husband has changed the oil every 3-5k miles with Mobil 1 synth and have had no problems other than the window noise in the back (replaced). Although I do not care for the 'sloggy' brakes, the truck has performed flawlessly.

It's not only fast, but it handles amazingly well for any vehicle--let alone a heavy truck!

I've always garaged it, but I do take it through the carwash. I've never hand washed it, it's too many vehicles I have to wash, so this one must go thru the wash.

It's in excellent shape, no dings or dents, but last year, I drove into the garage too close and gently nudged my husband's workbench, scraping the driver side bumper paint. But at least it's not very noticable. And like I said, it IS my work truck, so I can't get too upset since most people don't drive an SS for a work truck and get to write if off on their taxes. :D

I have been a car enthusiast since I was a child. My first purchased car was a 68 Camaro RS/SS. I got it in the early 80s. I have had a lot of neat cars over the years, but this truck has 'something special.'

I have enjoyed this truck so much, and I get tons of compliments on it. Guys always stare at the truck and have nearly run off the road looking at it. And it's the TRUCK not me, believe me!

Well, I would love to find out if there are any SS owners in the Modesto area or Central Valley--perhaps a club or something. A parking lot loaded with a few SSs would be a sight to behold! Anyone nearby like to meet up with a bunch of folks some Saturday afternoon in April?

Looking forward to reading your posts. Thanks for this site and all your information!

--FAT GiRL (yes, I am fat and I am a female--and I'm OKAY with that.) :cheers:

Woo-Hoo! Another female. Welcome to the site! :cheers: I haven't hand washed my truck yet either. But here in a couple of weeks to a month I'm going to splurge and buy some of DER shiney stuff(it's a wax, supposed to be really good from what I have read on this site.) Anyhow I'll hand wash it then. Welcome again and hope you have fun with all the crazy guys that are in this forum. :jester:

YAY we girls are taking over!!!! LOL :cheers:  Welcome to the site hun..... :jester:

dont be silly.....

welcome fat girl, damn that just sounds funny...id usually get slapped or something for saying that :D

LOL :crackup::crazy::crackup: Who me silly????no.....LOL :jester:

Oh god, what is happening here.

J/k it is kinda nice have the "other" breed around.

But don't turn the forum into a chat room :smash:

Archived