cam install

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

heads dont have tocome off. pull off covers, losen rockers and remove push rods and spin motor over twice. the lifters should stay up in the retainers. and then if you can get the tool to go in the valley to hold them from falling or take a chance on them staying up for the lenght of the swap

Well we got the cam in but at the third last valve spring my brother in law lost one of the retainers for the valve springs :banghead: .We put the cam in Russian roulette style :crazy: but it worked well.Does anyone know the p/n for the stock retainers? Do they sell one or will I have to get the hole set. :flag: Thanks for your help guys :chevy:

Well we got the cam in but at the third last valve spring my brother in law lost one of the retainers for the valve springs :banghead: .We put the cam in Russian roulette style :crazy: but it worked well.Does anyone know the p/n for the stock retainers? Do they sell one or will I have to get the hole set. :flag: Thanks for your help guys :chevy:

find a bone yard if you can. the retainers are the same from other heads of the Gen III class.

Sup, I got it in but It wants to stall and its running ruff. I got two fault codes p0200 injector circuit cylinder malfunction and p0300 random /multiple misfire. I know I need a custom tune but is normal befor a tune :confused:

Sup, I got it in but It wants to stall and it running ruff. I got two fault codes p0200 injector circuit cylinder malfunction and p0300 random /multiple misfire. I know I need a custom tune but is normal befor a tune :confused:

im sure the cam expert's will chime in, but it should run ok until you can get a tune, when i put mine in it took a second but it did finally idle good and never set any codes.

Random misfires is normal the misfire count will have to be raised so you dont get that all the time. Dont know about the injector circuit deal check all the plugs on the injectors its easy to knock one off or break the plug off an injector. Get a custom tune soon and it should line all that out.

First start It sounded like it always did.Idle was good.We took it for a ride around the block and it was fine.When Iwent to start it again it was ruff. I think it must be a injector mess up.Ill look at it again

Archived