Passenger Mirror Glass cracked....

Ron's SS

Ron,

Had my pass, side mirror replaced this past fall. The dealer cost on the mirror was $135.00. You could ask Zippy for the part # and call the dealer for a price and then go to GMpartdirect.com and try them.

Jeff~

On a side note....is the pass. mirror auto dimming too? My guess is no, anyone know for sure. If it is not I would guess the driver side mirror is way more $$$.

Just talked to my dealerships part dept.

Driver side mirror (glass) part# 88944391 $199.00 I get 10% off that

Pass. side mirror (glass) part# 88944392 $199.00 I get 10% off that

So the dealer makes the part up $65.00

GMPartsDirect.com charges $117.40 per mirror Driver/passanger side. Shipping is where they get you, $28.18 for a total of $145.58 shipped. Hope this helps everyone looking for new mirror glass. :cheers:

Thanks for all the input and help on this. Everyone on this site is very informative. The worst part to me is "why?"... it is a cold climate issue with the heaters and extreme cold temps, or does the heater eventually cause the mirror to distress? :confused:

Oh well, for now I am going to look into cost effective options for replacing. Or, leave it as is and spend the money on bolt ons... if I make it fast enough there will never be anyone in the mirror anyways :D

Sorry guys for the confusion....the last 2 posts that I made were for Super Sport becuase he stated that he had both sides broken....I was just giving him the information for the drivers side.

Second, ONLY THE DRIVERS SIDE IS ELECTROCHROMATIC!!! That is what makes it very expensive!!!

Third, you only need the backer plate if yours is cracked. If only the mirror is broke and the plate is intact, then just get the glass. Granted, it will take some time and a good sharp chisel to get rid of all of the old foam tape, but it will same you come money to reuse the plate!

As far as the GM part goes....they charge $117, and I can buy it for $60....if you talk to a local glass shop, you can probably get it cheaper than the GM price (and in all honesty, it is probably the same part!

As far as the GM part goes....they charge $117, and I can buy it for $60....if you talk to a local glass shop, you can probably get it cheaper than the GM price (and in all honesty, it is probably the same part!

Wanna hook a fellow SS'r up for a $60 one + case of beer (or some beneficial beverage) :chevy:

Ron...

Shoot me a PM, and I'll see what I can do for you!!!

P.S. - I went back and labeled my posts...I now see how someone could get confused about what side I was talking about....SORRY!!!

Ron...

Shoot me a PM, and I'll see what I can do for you!!!

P.S. - I went back and labeled my posts...I now see how someone could get confused about what side I was talking about....SORRY!!!

you rock! nice work :cheers:

Archived