I think I've done pissed somebody off now!!!

After a couple years on eBay I have had my first run-in with somebody:

I ordered a set of silvered turn signal lights from XenonMods.com off eBay, I clicked the Buy It Now and paid immediately. A day or two later I get an apologetic email from the seller, he thanks me again for the immediate payment but tells me that he did not have any bulbs to send me, he explained that he only now just received the product from his supplier and has realized the said bulbs were not made/coated correctly; he politely gave me the option of receiving a refund, or waiting for the correct product and he would throw in my choice of decal as a gift. I was upset as I deduced this ebay seller put up their eBay listing *before* they had a product to sell; but after thinking a moment I emailed this reply:

Thank you for your candor, I do appreciate the heads-up and am sorry to hear about your vendor/supplier problems.  I am not in a hurry for the bulbs, please keep my order and ship when you get the product back in stock.  And if you have a set of CHE_RAC decals to include that would be a treat, thank you.

Steve Poythress.

Today I received the bulbs, but no decals :confused: . The bulbs are great, I installed them at lunch. I then did my eBay duty and left a neutral feedback with the comment "Good product, fair price, was out of stock". Not one minute later I get this scathing email from the seller -

Congratulations on your first negative. I haven't left it yet, but I plan to.

If there was an issue with the bulbs I offred to refund but you declined.

They were NOT out of stock, they were the wrong ones and I worked my butt off to get the right ones.

I would have rather given you your money back and gotten a negative than a neutral and a LIE!

Whatever - the negative will be sure to tell all other sellers JUST what you're like.

A JERK!

His reply to my feedback comment was "Product not out of stock at all.....not sure what neutral is referring to"

So I'm wondering here - just what is the difference between "out of stock" and "they were the wrong ones" - by my judgement the guy put up an eBay listing for an item he did not have on hand. Seriously, should I instead have left the guy a positive feedback because I actually did receive the product, or just left no feedback at all?

Mr. P.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow that was pretty harsh. I wold have replied to the e-mail they sent you saying they were out of stock, so they could see "THEY" said that the stock was depleted. You can contest the feed back with e-bay so that you can have the negitive feedback withdrawn.

that sucks, i try to avoid negative feedback by all cost. If there is a problem or im dissatisfied i usually dont leave one or wait until they leave one first. I would do what kaotik said and see what you do with ebay about it. it sucks you have to deal with idiaots sometimes but it happens. How is the sellers feedback history?

damn, that sucks. What an @ss for retaliating against a NEUTRAL. It's not like you called the guy out, you gave him a compliment on his product but weren't satisfied with the wait time. You did right.

Wow that was pretty harsh. I wold have replied to the e-mail they sent you saying they were out of stock, so they could see "THEY" said that the stock was depleted. You can contest the feed back with e-bay so that you can have the negitive feedback withdrawn.

:withstupid:

damn, that sucks.  What an @ss for retaliating against a NEUTRAL.  It's not like you called the guy out, you gave him a compliment on his product but weren't satisfied with the wait time.  You did right.

:withstupid:

some people are just a little weee-taad-ded! :smash:

I would have given him a positive. I've been totally screwed over by a vendor and still gave him a positive, just to avoid negative feedback, and all that goes with it. I still have 100% positive as a result.

Look at it this way - what did giving him a neutral do for you? It appears it did only one thing - have him commit to giving you a negative. Not worth it IMO. Were you right? Probably. What did it get you? Nothing good in the end.

I would have given him a positive.  I've been totally screwed over by a vendor and still gave him a positive, just to avoid negative feedback, and all that goes with it.  I still have 100% positive as a result.

Look at it this way - what did giving him a neutral do for you?  It appears it did only one thing - have him commit to giving you a negative.  Not worth it IMO.  Were you right?  Probably.  What did it get you?  Nothing good in the end.

I've thought it over - I'm standing firm, to me a positive means that the seller completed his end of the deal to my satisfaction. He took my money when he really did not have anything to sell (on speculation), and when we renegotiated the deal after the fact to include a pair of decals he did not come through; however I did get what I paid for after 10-days. So I call it a wash, he gets a neutral.

But I'll add this - they guy's a crybaby. Not like I'm perfect, I've sold a network card on eBay before and it did not work and I got a neutral feedback as a result, and deservingly so. I guess I got pissed because a person got all bent out of shape at me when it is they that mismanaged their business... So be it.

Mr. P.

Well we know how much you like to piss people off....LOL go ahead and give him a lil reply.....

:lol: Only you my dear :jester:

Mr. P. :)

Thats not nice....gurrr :mad:

Sorry Dani - was only teasing. :cheers:

Mr. P. :)

Archived