Stevens'SS

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow let me guess you pretty much replaced the entire body?

I replaced everything but the right doors, bedside,tailgate and bumpers. I found 04 black ss cab complete with interior, minus right doors, for $4000.00. That made it pretty easy. The front end and left bedside were replaced with new GM parts. I'm going to put a goodmark ram air hood on it next week or two. I had to pull a little on the cab mount while the cab was off, but the frame wasn't off much. It turned out to be a really nice truck. Here's some more pics while building. It took me a couple months with the help of my younger brother.

post-8217-1143120006_thumb.jpgpost-8217-1143120261_thumb.jpgpost-8217-1143120392_thumb.jpgpost-8217-1143120615_thumb.jpg

I think I remember seeing that truck on the copart auction...

thinkin to myself it was parts truck...GREAT WORK!!!

did you use a lighter shade red?

it doesnt look like victory red to me... :dunno:

looks great though! :thumbs:

~Brian

I think I remember seeing that truck on the copart auction...

thinkin to myself it was parts truck...GREAT WORK!!!

did you use a lighter shade red?

it doesnt look like victory red to me... :dunno:

looks great though!  :thumbs:

~Brian

You have good eyes! The color is different and it did come from copart out of Texas last July. I usually buy what no one else wants to tackle. I've been looking for a wrecked ss since they came out! I have previously owned two 454ss trucks and wanted a new body style. I was the top bidder for 3 weeks before the owner accepted the bid! Every week I went a little higher and still didn't reach his reserve. The last time they called and wanted an offer and we agreed on $9800.00. A little more than I wanted to spend, but I wanted an ss. It ended up $11050.00 after fee's and shipping to my door. When I got the paint mixed the color was too red and dark compared to mine. I thought the mix was off, but after looking at the alternate colors it was my truck that was different. So I had a color custom mixed to match. I think it really stands out when its clean. The only part I did not paint was the tailgate and it matches perfect! post-8217-1143554512_thumb.jpg

Hi! I found this site last year on vacation in vegas and just decided to become a member. I'm 35, live in Kentucky and own my own body shop. I've been rebuilding my own ss since last july and I'm finally driving it. I've got alot of useful info from this site and figured I'd help support. Here's an unfinished fresh out the paint room pic of my silverado ss. post-8217-1143039379_thumb.jpgpost-8217-1143039477_thumb.jpgpost-8217-1143039579_thumb.jpg

sweet truck love the color man

Archived