some progress ive made

Quik

heres the 5.3 ready to come out and a few pics of it out of the truck. should have the LQ9/tranny back in there sunday night.

while the tranny was out i installed a transgo HD kit, billet OD servo/billet 2-3 servo, B&M deep pan, TB stall. tranny has about 28k on it since the warrenty rebuild

post-8166-1143354724_thumb.jpg

post-8166-1143354741_thumb.jpg

post-8166-1143354756_thumb.jpg

post-8166-1143354770_thumb.jpg

post-8166-1143354783_thumb.jpg

post-8166-1143354803_thumb.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the LQ9 should be in place today. i spent most part of sunday making the truck harness neat and long enough. i had to lengthen the TPS,TB, and the alt wires,also had to make a new alt to power block wire. now instead of 8 guage its now 6 guage.had to put on car injector plugs to the harness. the harness now looks like it was meant to be like it is now instead of a bunch of wires in the middle.also had to enlongate the holes on the AC bracket to line up with the Fbody accesories. had to enlongate them about 1/2 inch. i just now need to get smaller belt.

so hopefully tonight ill have pics of the motor sitting in the chassis

got the motor and tranny in. everything wired up. even got my K&N FIPK kit to work with the LS6 intake. just waiting on my white powder coated valve covers and ill post up the pics, then when my fuel rail covers get done being painted ill post pics of that up also. i used a set of LS6 ones to mock up and they seem to work good with the exception of some triming for the throttle linkage bracket so when mine are painted i shouldnt have any issues. with using the car intake its amazing how much space it frees up on top of the motor.

oh also i need to fab up my fuel lines/power steering lines and im golden. pics should be up tomorrow. also sending out the PCM to Brian to do the tune for me. while the PCM is out im going ot be installing my 410s.

got the motor and tranny in. everything wired up. even got my K&N FIPK kit to work with the LS6 intake. just waiting on my white powder coated valve covers and ill post up the pics, then when my fuel rail covers get done being painted ill post pics of that up also. i used a set of LS6 ones to mock up and they seem to work good with the exception of some triming for the throttle linkage bracket so when mine are painted i shouldnt have any issues. with using the car intake its amazing how much space it frees up on top of the motor.

oh also i need to fab up my fuel lines/power steering lines and im golden. pics should be up tomorrow. also sending out the PCM to Brian to do the tune for me. while the PCM is out im going ot be installing my 410s.

Damn ur gonna have one sick truck!!! :thumbs:

^^^ thanks!!! when i get some miles on the setup and hopefully no bugs im going ot the dyno and see what all my hard hours and effort does. i know dynos dont mean much but should be interesting what this combo should put down. i dont see why i wont be in the 12s NA and i should be 11s on the juice

What else did you do to the engine before it went in?

the motor has the following parts on it.

LS6 intake

LS6 valley pan

LS6 PCV system

ported 6.0 oil pump

30# svo injectors

918 springs

Mac 1 3/4 midlenght headers[fbodyheaders]

Ligenfelter Gt2-5 cam [222/222 .566/.566 112lsa]

NOS 100 shot

Fbody front drive accesories

truck AC bracket/ compressor

97 vette fuel rail