Gas Mileage Check

LSR Mike

Went to a meeting last night with a 140 mile round trip ( El Mirage is cancelled, water on the lake bed). Put the truck in Business Trip mode and recorded a 15.7 MPG, with just over 2000 Miles on the odometer. I think the tonneau cover helps, best numbers before were 14.4 MPG. My commute MPG is 12.1 :cry:

How's everyone else doing?

Yesterday, reset my average computer MPG and drove ~80/2500RPM from Austin to San Antonio, which has some hills, but is mostly flat and picked up 15.4 over the 75 mile trek. On the way back, I cruised along at ~70/2050RPM or so and finished up the trek with 17.8 on the average MPG.

However, around town, my mind keeps thinking, this isn't quite as fast as the vette, so press on the gas just a touch harder as it really might be. :D and I only average 12.8MPG around town.

All Highway, two lane, flat, 300mi round trip, 65mph, 19.3mpg on the computer...

All City 13-14mpg on the computer...

One question though...

During one of my refills this week the computer said 22gal used and it took 22.5gal... I always fill the tank on the slowest setting and round up to the nearest quarter dollar in an attempt to keep the refill levels accurate... Anyone else found a discrepancy between the computer and actual fills ???

Archived