exhaust dilemma

Holty

Hey guys, need opinions here. I have the Magnaflow dual in single out side exit system currently. Its the exact same system as in this post: http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19070 but its just too quiet for me. I'm either going to cut out the two resonators in front of the muffler or just go and buy the Corsa sport system. what would you guys do?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, I'd remove the muffler (it's just bolted in place, correct?) and add a couple $4 dumps from the parts store, see the if the resonators are anough to make it civil to drive around.

Probably not, but that will eliminate that option for now.

After that, I'd cut out the resonators and see if the muffler alone will do the trick for you...the balance of sound and resonance will decide for you (it'll still be quiet and resonate in the cab, or will just be louder, or louder PLUS resonation).

Just an idea.

- Brian

Hey guys, need opinions here.  I have the Magnaflow dual in single out side exit system currently.  Its the exact same system as in this post:  http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19070  but its just too quiet for me.  I'm either going to cut out the two resonators in front of the muffler or just go and buy the Corsa sport system.  what would you guys do?

If you can wait a little bit, I will be having the resonators removed. Once it's done I will be able to tell you if it's worth it. The other option is a set of headers.

Hey guys, need opinions here.  I have the Magnaflow dual in single out side exit system currently.  Its the exact same system as in this post:  http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19070  but its just too quiet for me.  I'm either going to cut out the two resonators in front of the muffler or just go and buy the Corsa sport system.  what would you guys do?

If you can wait a little bit, I will be having the resonators removed. Once it's done I will be able to tell you if it's worth it. The other option is a set of headers.

well, i already have headers, so thats not gonna help. however, i did find a shop that will cut the resonators out and clamp in some stainless straight pipe for me for only $40 so i'm gonna go that route. i'll know friday moring.

Well, i cut out my resonators this morning and just put in straight pipe. Sounds like SHIT. It got louder and a little drone, but the biggest disappointment is the raspyness (if thats even a word). This sucks, now i'm going to have to spend the $800 on the Corsa sport system. I hope its loud enough for my liking.

Dont say that... :nonod:  Mine was set to go in this week to have the same thing done..

don't do it dude. sounds like ass. you know in every town there is always some hillbilly early 90's f-150 all jacked up with some crap ass "custom" dual exhaust that the rear tail pipes are just hanging there and it sounds like someone just drill holes in the muffler. it sounds like that. real raspy and crackly sounding. kinda embarrassing really.

my goal now is just to rip it all of and start over. i need to find a stainless mandrel bent system that is LOUD and DEEP sounding. i got about $800 bucks to spend on it. any suggestions? i keep thinking Corsa, but i'm afraid it will be to quiet.

I had a pair of single in single out flowmaster 40 series on my SS... ask anyone who ever hear it in person.... THAT IS LOUD :crazy:

sounds like a good setup. you have my attention. how did you do the plumbing? mandrel bent? pics?

My aerochamber it nice and quiet on the inside but loud as hell outside when you get on it. i also dumper mine and have interior noise at all compared to when i had the stock exit coming off the muffler which was loud as hell in cab. I have read of several people putting two aerochambers on and dumping them with no complaints at all. I've heard flomaster give off major interior noise unless you go with a 50-70 series

My aerochamber it nice and quiet on the inside but loud as hell outside when you get on it.  i also dumper mine and have interior noise at all compared to when i had the stock exit coming off the muffler which was loud as hell in cab.  I have read of several people putting two aerochambers on and dumping them with no complaints at all.  I've heard flomaster give off major interior noise unless you go with a 50-70 series

never heard of Aerochambers before? are they a new brand?

I had a pair of single in single out flowmaster 40 series on my SS... ask anyone who ever hear it in person.... THAT IS LOUD :crazy:

sounds like a good setup. you have my attention. how did you do the plumbing? mandrel bent? pics?

Sadly I don't have pics of the setup, but I had all the work done by Speedway Muffler. They bent all the pipe and welded it togther for me. :thumbs:

My aerochamber it nice and quiet on the inside but loud as hell outside when you get on it.  i also dumper mine and have interior noise at all compared to when i had the stock exit coming off the muffler which was loud as hell in cab.  I have read of several people putting two aerochambers on and dumping them with no complaints at all.  I've heard flomaster give off major interior noise unless you go with a 50-70 series

never heard of Aerochambers before? are they a new brand?

nah they been around, just not many people have them cause everyone is gun ho for flows or magna's. They are hooker aerochambers, there rather inexpensive as well, but sound mean as sh!t

Archived