exhaust dilemma

Holty

Well, I just got a killer deal on a stainless steel X pipe. It's 2 1/2 to match my magnaflow piping polished and has a cover plate. Picked it up off e-bay for 50 dollars. Once that gets here off to the exhaust shopa and have dual side exit tails made up.  I can't wait to be complete again..

nice, keep us informed.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, got the corsa on last night. finished up around midnight lol. my opinion so far is that i like the sound, but its WAY too quiet under 3/4 throttle. i'm happy with it, but a little dissapointed in the sound. its so quiet, it sounds like i have my stock exhaust on until i hit 3/4> throttle, then the ****er screams. fit and finish is excellent as expected. install was easy.

Cool deal man, you should have tried the resonators with nothing behind them, like I did. I really like the sound now, no hiding thats for sure lol. My X pipe will be here probably monday then I can finish the exhaust this week, I hope.

Did you get the touring or sport corsa? Also, the corsa is MUCH louder to people outside the vehicle than inside. Drive by a brick wall with the windoww down. The system is designed to not resonate into the cab. I have never had so many compliments abotu an exhaust than when I put the corsa sport on my avalanche I had before the SS. I even had a friend who knows nothing about cars say..."your truck sounds so awesome...better than those POS trucks that sound like the muffler fell off and they welded a flowmaster back on..."

Did you get the touring or sport corsa?  Also, the corsa is MUCH louder to people outside the vehicle than inside.  Drive by a brick wall with the windoww down.  The system is designed to not resonate into the cab.  I have never had so many compliments abotu an exhaust than when I put the corsa sport on my avalanche I had before the SS.  I even had a friend who knows nothing about cars say..."your truck sounds so awesome...better than those POS trucks that sound like the muffler fell off and they welded a flowmaster back on..."

i got the sport, corsa part number 14279.

It may be quiet on the inside of the truck, but you should be outside it once. A Corsa system is obnoxious on the outside of the truck.

:withstupid: I've been flipped-off in traffic a couple times leaving from a red light :lol: I love my Corsa :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

what do you guys think would sound better....a dual inlet, dual outlet muffler exiting out the side in front of the rear tire, or dual mufflers, both single in/out exiting in front of the rear tires as well? the corsa is for sale.

Archived