exhaust dilemma

Holty

My aerochamber it nice and quiet on the inside but loud as hell outside when you get on it.  i also dumper mine and have interior noise at all compared to when i had the stock exit coming off the muffler which was loud as hell in cab.  I have read of several people putting two aerochambers on and dumping them with no complaints at all.  I've heard flomaster give off major interior noise unless you go with a 50-70 series

never heard of Aerochambers before? are they a new brand?

:chevy: I think Aerochambers are a Hooker brand. Maybe look into the Stainless Works Dual chambered set-up. Don't know if they make one specificlly for the SS though. :flag:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you ever want to take a ride to Allentown, you can hear mine and I can also hook you up with the parts you need to do a similar setup.

Did you keep the resonators you took off?

post-3330-1144122472_thumb.jpg

post-3330-1144122579_thumb.jpg

post-3330-1144122597_thumb.jpg

Sell it to me and buy your new corsa is how you solve that problem!

Well, i did end up just ordering the Corsa last night. Got if from prostreetonline.com for $683.89 w/ free shipping. That is the absolute BEST price i've seen so far.

I'll sell you my Magnaflow Cat-back if you want, but the resonators have been cut off and the whole system has been welded to insure no leaks. If you want it, PM me.

If you ever want to take a ride to Allentown, you can hear mine and I can also hook you up with the parts you need to do a similar setup.

Autoguy, i really like your setup. I still might go that route if i dont like the way the Corsa sounds. Where is Allentown? How far is it from Pittsburgh?

I left the resonators at the muffler shop where i had them cut them out. I'm pretty sure they still have them though if i wanted to go back and get them. Why do you ask?

Autoguy, i really like your setup. I still might go that route if i dont like the way the Corsa sounds. Where is Allentown? How far is it from Pittsburgh?

I left the resonators at the muffler shop where i had them cut them out. I'm pretty sure they still have them though if i wanted to go back and get them. Why do you ask?

Allentown is about an hour north of Philadelphia. From Pitt, it is probably 4-5 hours dep on traffic. The reason I asked about the resonators, is because you could use them to do a system like mine. then just add an x-pipe and the 90's out the side and you have it. Then all you need is your choice of tips.

Allentown is about an hour north of Philadelphia. From Pitt, it is probably 4-5 hours dep on traffic. The reason I asked about the resonators, is because you could use them to do a system like mine. then just add an x-pipe and the 90's out the side and you have it. Then all you need is your choice of tips.

well, let me see how this Corsa setup works out. I'm anxous to hear how it sounds. have you heard a Corsa sport system Autoguy? if so, how does it compare to yours?

If i end up not liking the corsa, i'll sell it to somebody on here. i'm sure someone will want it.

Okay so I thought about this exhaust situation a little bit this week. I do think I have found my answer!!! I can't take full credit for this, Autoguy has the set-up already... Sort of.. What I did is remove the tail section and the muffler section, leaving in the resonators. I drove with nothing more than this for a couple hours tonight, and it was music to my ears.. :D the only thing I did not like about it as of now, I don't have a shift kit so the lazy shift sounds flat. I plan to add a "X" pipe where the muffler use to be, and then dual tails to exit on the side and look kind of like the corsa system. I hope that this will be done within the next week or so, just have to get a shop that doesn't think I don't know what I am talking about, or say that they have done 20 of my truck with dual exhaust..

I will keep you all posted and hope to have pictures to follow.

Autoguy your right on, this sound is what I was looking for. :thumbs:

Holty weld your resonators back in, and add some pipe without the muffler you will like it.

Well, I just got a killer deal on a stainless steel X pipe. It's 2 1/2 to match my magnaflow piping polished and has a cover plate. Picked it up off e-bay for 50 dollars. Once that gets here off to the exhaust shopa and have dual side exit tails made up. I can't wait to be complete again..

Archived