My buddy Shawn "Basicly what had happened was"

1f6cf2a3.jpg

Justin

a5289acd.jpg

IMG_0247.jpg

Me again

c938a88d.jpg

IMG_0240.jpg

here's a few of me kneeboarding back in the early 90's. This was at the SkiTrek (a cable water ski park) in League City (or Dickinson), TX before it became a place for high end homes.

I was in a competition and my dad was there with a fancy camera and got these shots, though I am missing the first one and the last one. I was being pulled at 30mph and with the good cut would guess I hit the ramp at near 40.

After the launch and in mid flight:

jump2.jpg

coming in for the landing:

jump3.jpg

and the bounce:

jump4.jpg

an aerial 360:

skitrek3.jpg

and carving for a bouy:

skitrek2.jpg

I will say that IMHO you're better off on the wakeboard. I enjoyed kneeboards from '83 to '93 (23-33yrs old) or so and won't blame it all on it... but have to say it riding them had something to do with at least one of the 3 spinal surgeries I've had in the last 4 years. When you hit the water from a jump the compression goes straight up your spine... unlike a wakeboard where you legs take the shock.

:eek: that's a serious bounce. I'll be wakeboarding alot more this year, I had a hard time getting up behind my old boat. Getting up behind the new one though...well that's easier than picking up a fat chick at last call

:eek: that's a serious bounce.  I'll be wakeboarding alot more this year, I had a hard time getting up behind my old boat.  Getting up behind the new one though...well that's easier than picking up a fat chick at last call

you must have just started wakeboarding.... try and keep your front knee bent a little, it makes the board easier to controll. a 60/40 weight distibution is ideal, 60 in the rear and 40 up front... what kind of a stick you riding? I am the wakeboarding "instructor" on our lake so if you have any questions or need some tips let me know :thumbs: I give lessons for rides behind bitchin boats :D

you must have just started wakeboarding.... try and keep your front knee bent a little, it makes the board easier to controll. a 60/40 weight distibution is ideal, 60 in the rear and 40 up front... what kind of a stick you riding? I am the wakeboarding "instructor" on our lake so if you have any questions or need some tips let me know :thumbs: I give lessons for rides behind bitchin boats :D

Yeah I played around with it some last year but we had a shitty board and a crappy boat. So I had a really hard time getting up and would usually just stick to kneeboarding. I'm riding a 05 Hyperlite State 140 with spin bindings for the time being. The bindings really suck but they came in the package. I'm thinking about pulling them off and picking up the 06 CWB torq's.

Nice boat.  I love Supras, which is one of the reasons I picked up the 21V.  I've spent much time behind the SSV.  You'll really like it.

Yeah Supra's are sick boats for the money, well really just sick boats period. Looks like you've got a pretty sick stereo set up in yours, that's one of my projects on it this summer. I'm loving this boat so far, I'm still getting the hang of getting it on the trailer though. BoatBuddy has been a PITA so far.

ok, i'll hit you up for some of that free advice. i do my wakeboarding behind the boat in my sig. it's 21', no tower, weighs about 3500#. i can't seem to clear wake to wake unless i'm over 23 mph. landings can get a little rough at that speed if things don't go quite right. :sick:

any tips on getting more pop at lower speeds, without a tower? also, how long should my rope be (i know this varies from boat to boat, just looking for a range)?

BoatBuddy has been a PITA so far.

Ha. Yes it is. It takes a while to get used to. I usually line up the bow hook with boat buddy by looking at the reflection in my tailgate. it works pretty well.

Tom

my problem with it is just getting the bow hook all the way up to it. My old trailer had a two speed winch on it so I could just crank it right on never had to power it on. The new trailer I have to power on and I'm just a little nevous with that still. Plus trying to find the right depth for the trailer on my ramp and what not. By the time the sane people are on the water I'll be like an old pro with it

A good way to use boat buddy is to put the trailer in until the top of the fender is about 1" above the water. Pull the boat onto the trailer and get it lined up. Then have your buddy in the truck back the trailer into the water a little more. This makes it much easier to power all the way on.

ok, i'll hit you up for some of that free advice. i do my wakeboarding behind the boat in my sig. it's 21', no tower, weighs about 3500#. i can't seem to clear wake to wake unless i'm over 23 mph. landings can get a little rough at that speed if things don't go quite right. :sick:

any tips on getting more pop at lower speeds, without a tower? also, how long should my rope be (i know this varies from boat to boat, just looking for a range)?

Maybe get some fatsac's. Or you are probly not cutting hard enough, you have to cut through the wake to clear the wake. A lot of people stop cutting right before they get to the wake.

Archived