Gas prices...Doh

SSThunder

It's been a little while since we've all talked about gas prices. Since Mr. P posted his real-time gas price checker(March 21) gas prices around KY have went through the roof once again. The price of gas has went up around $0.40 since then. Prices today range from $2.74-$2.79 for low grade gas. What's the price around your neck of the woods? Any comments? :P

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2.59-2.59 for regular, 2 weeks ago it was like 2.20, everyday this crap jumps up like 5 cents at least now.  Friggin sucks

:withstupid:

I like it when it jumps up $0.20 in one day :banghead: I guess the oil companies need their money so they can pay off the people in Washington. I can remember when gas prices would barley go up or down for months at a time. Now everday something changes. Analyst keep blaming it on summer driving, spring break, fighting in some oil country(Nigerian) and Iran. Just because the UN and Iran aren't getting along doesn't mean they will just stop selling oil, but still the price of oil keeps going up. Good news doesn't seem to lower the price any at all. Funny how that $hit works :banghead: I'm pretty pissed about all this as you all can tell. I drive my beater 2 hours round trip to work and back ever day and it's costing me more every week. Use to cost $29 to fill up now it's over $40 and I also drive my SS on the weekends and Wed. So more money out of my pocket. I know I'm spending over $100 a week on gas plus what ever the wife spends. Maybe I should run for President($1.00 gas to SS members LOL :crackup: ) Maybe time to look for a job closer to home or move :mad:

Seriously... it is getting out of hand. I blame the hybrid owners for a portion of it (and the Bush administration for the rest :devil: ). The more hybrids we sell, the less consumer gas consumption because of the better MPG these cars get.

The oil tycoons think of it like this... if they sold 20,000 Hybrids last year and overall hybrid ownership is up 20% from the last year, they need to recoup their losses by charging more per gallon of gas. The more hybrids they sell, the higher the gas prices... so we (the people who dont want to look like a flock of homos driving hybrids) pay the price because of these tree-hugging hippees in their hybrids. Oh yeah, and because I am sure the Bush and Saudi families reap some type of income/profit from gas prices in some way, shape, or form.

I just paid $3.09/gallon for 91 over here in Newport Beach, CA.. and I am not happy about it :banghead:

Seriously... it is getting out of hand.  I blame the hybrid owners for a portion of it (and the Bush administration for the rest  :devil: ).  The more hybrids we sell, the less consumer gas consumption because of the better MPG these cars get. 

The more hybrids they sell, the higher the gas prices... so we (the people who dont want to look like a flock of homos driving hybrids) pay the price because of these tree-hugging hippees in their hybrids. 

next thing people will be sniffing there own farts :crackup: "If you saw the southpark episode you would know what i'm talking about"

Seriously... it is getting out of hand.  I blame the hybrid owners for a portion of it (and the Bush administration for the rest  :devil: ).  The more hybrids we sell, the less consumer gas consumption because of the better MPG these cars get. 

The more hybrids they sell, the higher the gas prices... so we (the people who dont want to look like a flock of homos driving hybrids) pay the price because of these tree-hugging hippees in their hybrids. 

next thing people will be sniffing there own farts :crackup: "If you saw the southpark episode you would know what i'm talking about"

Yeah, look out for the smug! Especially George Clooney's Academy acceptance speech! :crackup:

BTW, I just paid $3 per gallon yesterday too! :mad:

I feel lucky now if I get 91 for $2.99, which is rediculous. Oil companies are posting record profits, but the reasons given for high prices go on and on; problems in the middle east, constant reformulation for different seasons, this disaster or that disaster, and having a Texas oilman for president doesn't help things either I'm sure.

I saw a special on the Alaskan pipeline that said we have enough oil there to supply this country for a loooong time, but it's considered a "reserve" that the president doesn't want to touch. Then someday once that oil field is dry, there's ANOTHER one in Alaska that's even bigger that hasen't even been touched! Why are we doing oil business with other countries that keep screwing us?

Archived